Parallel Universe Magazine - Issue 24, March 2016
- File: parallel-universe-issue-24.pdf
- Size:20.44 MB
- Letter from the Editor, James Reinders
Time-Saving Tips as Spring Begins in the Northern Hemisphere
- Improve Productivity and Boost C++ Performance
The new Intel® SIMD Data Layout Template library optimizes C++ code and helps improve SIMD efficiency.
- Intel® C++ Compiler Standard Edition for Embedded Systems with Bi-Endian Technology
Intel® C++ Compiler Standard Edition for Embedded Systems with Bi-Endian Technology helps developers looking to overcome platform lock-in.
- OpenMP* API Version 4.5: A Standard Evolves
OpenMP* version 4.5 is the next step in the standard’s evolution, introducing new concepts for parallel programming as well as additional features for offload programming.
- Intel® MPI Library: Supporting the Hadoop* Ecosystem
With data analytics breaking into the HPC world, the question of using MPI and big data frameworks in the same ecosystem is getting more attention.
- Finding Your Memory Access Performance Bottlenecks
The new Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE Memory Access analysis feature shows how some tough memory problems can be resolved.
- Optimizing Image Identification with Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Intel worked closely with engineers at China’s largest and most-used Internet service portal to help them achieve a 100 percent performance improvement on the Intel® architecture-based platform.
- Develop Smarter Using the Latest IoT and Embedded Technology
A closer look at tools for coding, analysis, and debugging with all Intel® microcontrollers, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, and embedded platforms.
- Tuning Hybrid Applications with Intel® Cluster Tools
This article provides a step-by-step workﬂow for hybrid application analysis and tuning.
- Vectorize Your Code Using Intel® Advisor XE 2016
Vectorization Advisor boasts new features that can assist with vectorization on the next generation of Intel® Xeon Phi™ processors.
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.