Parallel Universe Magazine - Issue 27, January 2017
- File: parallel-universe-issue-27.pdf
- Size:13.63 MB
- Letter from the Editor: The Changing HPC Landscape Still Looks the Same, by Henry A. Gabb
Henry A. Gabb is a long-time high-performance and parallel computing practitioner and has published numerous articles on parallel programming.
- The Present and Future of the OpenMP* API Specification, by Michael Klemm, Alejandro Duran, Ravi Narayanaswamy, Xinmin Tian, and Terry Wilmarth
How the gold standard parallel programming language has improved with each new version.
- Reducing Packing Overhead in Matrix-Matrix Multiplication, by Kazushige Goto, Murat Efe Guney, and Sarah Knepper
Improve performance on multicore and many-core Intel® architectures, particularly for deep neural networks.
- Identify Scalability Problems in Parallel Applications, by Vladimir Tsymbal
How to improve scalability for Intel® Xeon® and Intel® Xeon Phi™ Processors using new Intel® VTune™ Amplifier memory analysis.
- Vectorization Opportunities for Improved Performance with Intel® AVX-512, by Martyn Corden
Examples of how Intel® Compilers can vectorize and speed up loops.
- Intel® Advisor Roofline Analysis, by Kevin O’Leary, Ilyas Gazizov, Alexandra Shinsel, Zakhar Matveev, and Dmitry Petunin
A new way to visualize performance optimization trade-offs.
- Intel-Powered Deep Learning Frameworks, by Pubudu Silva
Your path to deeper insights.
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.