Parallel Universe Magazine - Issue 28, April 2017
- File: parallel-universe-issue-28.pdf
- Size:11.53 MB
- Letter from the Editor: Parallel Languages, Language Extensions, and Application Frameworks, by Henry A. Gabb
Henry A. Gabb is a long-time high-performance and parallel computing practitioner and has published numerous articles on parallel programming.
- Parallel STL: Boosting Performance of C++ STL Code, by Vladimir Polin and Mikhail Dvorskiy
C++ and the evolution toward natively parallel languages.
- Happy 20th Birthday, OpenMP*, by Rob Farber
Making parallel programming accessible to C/C++ and Fortran programmers—and providing a software path to exascale computation.
- Solving Real-World Machine Learning Problems with Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library, by Oleg Kremnyov, Ivan Kuzmin, and Gennady Fedorov
Models are put to the test in Kaggle* competitions.
- HPC with R*: The Basics, by Drew Schmidt
Satisfying the need for speed in data analytics,
- BigDL: Optimized Deep Learning on Apache Spark*, by Jason Dai and Radhika Rangarajan
Making deep learning more accessible,
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.