Parallel Universe Magazine - Issue 30, October 2017
- File: parallel-universe-issue-30.pdf
- Size:12.32 MB
- Letter from the Editor: Meet Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2018, by Henry A. Gabb
Henry A. Gabb is a long-time high-performance and parallel computing practitioner and has published numerous articles on parallel programming.
- Driving Code Performance with Intel® Advisor’s Flow Graph Analyzer, by Vasanth Tovinkere, Pablo Reble, Farshad Akhbari, and Palanivel Guruvareddiar
Optimizing performance for an autonomous driving application.
- Welcome to the Adult World, OpenMP*, by Barbara Chapman
After 20 years, it’s more relevant than ever.
- Enabling FPGAs for Software Developers, by Bernhard Friebe, and James Reinders
Boosting efficiency and performance for automotive, networking, and cloud computing.
- Modernize Your Code for Performance, Portability, and Scalability, by Jackson Marusarz
What’s new in Intel® Parallel Studio XE.
- Dealing with Outliers, by Oleg Kremnyov, Mikhail Averbukh, and Ivan Kuzmin
How to find fraudulent transactions in a real-world dataset.
- Tuning for Success with the Latest SIMD Extensions and Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512, by Xinmin Tian, Hideki Saito, Sergey Kozhukhov, and Nikolay Panchenko
Best practices for taking advantage of the latest architectural features.
- Effectively Using Your Whole Cluster, by Rama Kishan Malladi
Optimizing SPECFEM3D_GLOBE* performance on Intel® architecture.
- Is Your Cluster Healthy?, by Brock A. Taylor
Must-have cluster diagnostics in Intel® Cluster Checker.
- Optimizing HPC Clusters, by Michael Hebenstreit
Enabling on-demand BIOS configuration changes in HPC clusters.
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.