Downloading Software FAQ
- How do I download my software product files?
- To download your Intel® software product files, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Intel® Registration Center.
- From the list of your products displayed, go to the entry for the desired product, and then click the version number under the Download Latest Update column.
- Use the drop-down list to select the Version and Minor Update Version you want to download, remembering that the highest numbered version and the highest numbered minor update for that version is the most recent release. Please note that you must have an active product license to download and install the newest versions of the associated product. For licenses that have expired support, you may only download and install older product versions that have a Build Date on or before the Support Expiration date for your product license. As soon as you register a renewal license to extend your product license with a Support Expiration date in the future, you will again be able to download and install all newer versions of the product.
- After reviewing the description of the files available for the package, click Download Now.
If you encounter any problems with downloading your product files, see Get Help.
- Where can I download newer versions of my product?
- If you have a support account, log in to the Intel Registration Center to see the products you have registered and downloaded.
- Log in to the Intel Registration Center by entering your login ID and password in the Sign In section of the page. Click Sign In on the top right corner of the page. You will see a list of all products to which you have subscribed.
- From your product list, go to the entry for the desired product and click the version number in the Download Latest Update column.
- To see older versions, click the link above your product list. To see download versions available for products associated with your expired product licenses, click the expired products hidden link.
- For a detailed description of each downloadable product file for your selected product version, click ReadMe | Release Notes.
- Select the Version and Update (Build #) to download. Remember that the highest numbered version and the highest numbered update for that version is the most recent release.
NOTE: You must have an active product license to download and install the newest versions of the associated product. For licenses that have expired support, you may only download and install older product versions that have a Build Date on or before the Support Expiration date for your product license. As soon as you register a renewal license to extend your product license with a Support Expiration date in the future, you will again be able to download and install all newer versions of the product.
- Click Download Now.
For any problems with downloading your product files, see Get Help.
- When trying to download updates, I get the following message: "No Products found". What do I do?
- Something might be wrong with the login session. One possibility is to close the browser, delete your cookies, and log in again. If the problem persists, see Get Help.
- How do I get an older version of an Intel® Software Development Product?
- Older versions of Intel® Software Development Products are available in the Intel Registration Center.
Follow these steps to download older versions of products from the Intel Registration Center. Your license is good for any version or update released on or before the Support Expiration date of your license.
- Where can I download Intel® Software License Manager servers?
- For customers with a current floating product license, Intel® Software License Manager servers are available from the Intel Registration Center.
- Log in to the Intel Registration Center by entering your login ID and password in the Sign In section of the page. You will see a list of all products to which you have subscribed.
- Choose the product for which you have registered a floating or node-locked license. You will see a list of all components in the product subscription history, including the Intel Software License Manager. (NOTE: Expired registrations are shown only if you click the expired products hidden link at the top of the page.)
- Click Version to choose the Intel® Software License Manager component. You will be presented with a drop-down list of release versions and operating system/minor versions.
- Choose the Release Version and Operating System/Minor Version from the package drop-down menu at the bottom of the page. You will then see the license server file names. (NOTE: To download the User's Guide, choose User's Guide from Platform list.)
- To start the download, click the file name you want to download.
- Where do I download the Intel® IPP Cryptography libraries?
- Cryptography for Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel® IPP) is an add-on library for Intel IPP. As this is an export-controlled product, access requires a special request process. Read more about the process for obtaining Intel IPP and the cryptography add-on.
I am unable to download Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel® IPP) cryptography library. What do I do?
Not having a strong password may lead to Intel IPP Cryptography library download problems. To protect your security, Intel has certain rules for choosing passwords, which apply to all passwords:
- The password must be at least eight characters long and can contain letters, numerals, and punctuation.
- It cannot contain spaces.
- It must contain at least one alpha character [a-z; A-Z].
- It cannot contain your login ID.
- The first eight characters cannot be the same as your previous password.
- Passwords are treated as case sensitive.
Examples of strong passwords:
(The following examples are for illustration purposes only. Do not use any of these examples as your actual password.)
- Use a name, modified slightly, like "Bob*1Smith" or "Bobby$123"
- Use a phrase you can remember, like "hello world" modified to "hello1@World2"
- "ttL*hi?wur5" (contains lower case letters, capital case letters, special characters, and numbers)
- What is the Intel® Software Manager?
- Intel® Software Manager is a utility that allows users to:
- Download and install updates for your Intel Software Development Products
- Manage the subscription status of installed software
- Activate serial numbers
- Find out about the latest news for Intel Software Development Products
My product .tgz file downloaded with a .solitairetheme8 extension. What do I do?
If your Microsoft Windows* system has Microsoft Solitaire Collection installed, your system may have a file association that assigns the .solitairetheme8 extension to .tgz files. Linux* downloads use the .tgz extension and may be impacted. The file association can replace the proper .tgz extension with the .solitairetheme8 extension.
To work around this issue, try one of the following solutions:
- Download the software package and rename the extension to .tgz
- Change the file association on your Windows* system
- Uninstall the Solitaire Collection, and then download the product .tgz file again