Intel® Premier Support FAQ
- What is Intel® Premier Support?
- Intel® Premier Support is an interactive website where Intel® Software Development Products customers can submit questions, problems, and other technical support issues, as well as monitor previously submitted issues.
- Where is Intel Premier Support?
Users with active premier accounts visit Intel Premier Support
Note: You will not be able to access Intel Premier Support without a valid account.
- Who is eligible for Intel Premier Support?
Every purchase of an Intel Software Development Product includes a year of support services, which provides access to Intel Premier Support.
Note: In order to get support you need to register your product in the Intel® Registration Center. If your product is not registered, you will not be able to access Intel Premier Support and benefit from it.
If you have active support and you have registered your product, you can download any version of the software from the Intel® Registration Center, and then submit questions and problems with your product through the Intel Premier Support website.
Once your support services expire, updates are only available to you for product versions with a build date on or before your license support expiration date. At that time, you will no longer be eligible for Intel Premier Support for that product. If you renew your license support, you will regain access to all updates and to Intel Premier Support for the renewed product.
You can always submit issues to the user forums regardless of whether your support services have expired.
- A login is required to access Intel Premier Support. If I don't have a login, how do I obtain one?
In order to have an Intel Premier Support account, you must first register your product with the Intel Registration Center. When you register a product for the first time, an account will be created for you. Your registration login will apply to Intel Premier Support as well.
If you still have problems signing up for support, contact us.
- I already have Intel Premier Support account. Do I still need to register new products I buy?
- Your Intel Premier Support account provides support for any product you purchased that is currently under active support, but does not extend to other products. Every new supported product that you register in the Intel Registration Center will be automatically added to your Intel Premier Support. In addition, in order to get the newest updates for your product, it needs to be registered.
- How do I retrieve my login ID or reset my password?
- Already have an account? Forgotten your login ID or password? Recover Username or Password
- What are the Intel password guidelines?
- The following are password rules for Intel Single Sign-in: Create a Valid Password
- How do I submit an issue to Intel Premier Support?
If you do not have an Intel Premier Support account you will not be able to access the tool.
To submit an issue, you must log in to Intel Premier Support.
- Click Submit Issue.
- From the Product Type drop-down menu, choose your product type. For Intel Software Development Products, choose Development Environment (tools, SDV, EAP) as the product type. Please note that the Intel Premier Support product type is for reporting problems with the Premier Support site itself, not for product support.
- From the Product Name drop-down menu, choose your product.
- In the Issue Title field, enter a headline-type description of the problem or question.
- In the Question field, enter a detailed question or problem description. This description must contain sufficient information to characterize the problem. Examples of information that is generally required are: versions of all software related to the problem, an accurate description of the steps needed to reproduce the problem, and a description of the hardware and operating system used. Put yourself in the receiving engineer's shoes. Think about the information you would need if you were trying to understand the user's environment to help them solve a problem.
- Choose Request Type from the drop-down menu (for example, Documentation Error, Feature Request, or Problem Report).
- Click Submit Issue or Submit Issue/Upload Files, depending on whether you have a file to attach with the issue. If you chose Submit Issue/Upload Files, attach the file(s) to the issue (for instance, a test case or screenshot).
- Once you submit the issue, you will get an issue number that will enable you to track your submission.
- How do I get product updates?
Product updates are available from the Intel Registration Center.
- Log in to the Intel Registration Center by entering your login ID and password in the Sign In section on the right side of the web page.
- Click the link under Download Latest Update for the product of interest.
- A detailed description of the files included in the product will be displayed. Click the link for each file you wish to download. If you have valid support, you will be able to install any update. You do not need a different license file. Your license will be detected by the install and will work with releases created during your support service period. However, if your support has expired, you will only be able to install an update for product versions with a build date on or before the support expiration date.
For license purchase/renewal information, go to the Purchasing, Renewing and Upgrading FAQ.
- When does my product support expire?
Support expiration is based on your license terms. Customers receive product updates and technical support for the duration of their support period. Typically, the support period is one year from the product registration date. Once the support expires, product updates and technical support will no longer be available.To check the support expiration date of any registered product, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Intel Registration Center by entering your Login ID and Password.
- Select the Serial Numbers tab. You will see a list of serial numbers and the products they are associated with. Click the product name of the serial number of interest.
- You will be taken to the product Subscription History. The Support Status indicates the license expiration date that is compatible with the support expiration date. Links to manage the license and renew your subscription are shown as well.
- How do I extend my support service?
- For license renewal information, go to the Purchasing, Renewing and Upgrading FAQ.
- Do I get Intel Premier Support when I evaluate a product?
Free 30-day evaluation versions of Intel Software Development Products are available for download upon request. Evaluating a product entitles you to Intel Premier Support for that product. If you already have an active Intel Premier Support account the product support will be added automatically to your account. If you don’t have Intel Premier Support account, follow the instructions below.
- When you request to evaluate a product, you will get an email from Intel Registration Center with a download link. Below the download link, you will find information about Intel Premier Support, including a link to register your product for support.
- When you click on the link, you will be taken to an account creation form. Once you complete and submit the form, you will have an Intel Registration Account. In addition, an Intel Premier Support account will be created for you. The same credentials will work in Intel Registration Center, Intel Premier Support, and Intel® Developer Zone Forum. If you already have an account, you will get confirmation that the evaluation product was added to your account.
Note: Beta product customers get support accounts by default when registering their products.
- How do other developers get a support account under a floating license?
A floating license allows more than one developer to use the product at the same time, and also allows more than one developer to register for Intel Premier Support by registering the same serial number.
One restriction applies: all developers who want to register the floating serial number need to have an email address with the same domain name as the license owner.
Once a user had been added to the floating serial number, that user will also get an Intel Premier Support account for that product.