Product Registration FAQ
- Where can I find my serial number?
- All Intel® Software Development Products have a unique Intel serial number in the following format:
You do not need a serial number for the free 30-day product evaluation. To find your Intel Software serial number for products you have registered follow these steps.
- Where can I register my Intel® Software Development Products serial number?
- Please go to the Intel® Registration Center to register your product, and then follow these steps:
- On the registration screen in the Register a Product section, enter your email address in the Email box.
- Enter the same email address in the Confirm Email box.
- Enter the serial number in the Serial Number box, and then click Register Product.
- Follow the instructions on the web page to download and install your product.
- After registering, you will receive an email with the product license file and download instructions.
Note: This pertains to Intel® Software development products only. For all other Intel products, see the support page.
- What are the Intel password guidelines?
- For password rules for Intel single sign-on, see Create a Valid Password.
- How can I upgrade to an XE product?
- Upgrading a product to the XE product line involves transitioning to a new product name and a new serial number. If your subscription period for the current product is active and is eligible for the upgrade, you should have received a product upgrade notification on the availability of the new product with a link to the product upgrade. You can also download it by following the steps below:
- Log in to the Intel Registration Center by entering your login ID and password. A list of all products to which you have subscribed is on the My Products page.
- For the current product, you will see the XE product name displayed in addition to the original product name. Click the latest update in the Download Latest Update column to go to the product upgrade page. Click the product name to upgrade.
- To start the download, click the file name to download the package.
Note: If installing using the license file option, the new license file obtained with the product upgrade must be used for successful installation.
If you are upgrading from Intel® Cluster Studio to Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition, you can find more details in this article. Read more
- How do I upgrade to the newest release with a currently registered license?
- If a new release has been created and the support license you received upon registration has not expired, the new release can be downloaded from the Intel Registration Center.
- Go to the Intel Registration Center and log in when prompted.
- Select the desired product from the list and download the appropriate package.
If your current license has not expired, you do not need a different license file. Your license will be detected by the install and will work with releases created during your support service period.
For more registration information and support options, visit Get Help.
For license renewal information, see Purchasing, Renewing and Upgrading FAQ.
- How am I notified of updates for my registered products?
- You can change your notification preferences for your products in the Intel Registration Center.
- I can't log in to the Intel® Registration Center. What do I do?
- Follow these instructions to resolve your login issues:
- Go to the Intel Registration Center, and then click Sign In. Make sure that your current language is set correctly and that Caps Lock is disabled.
- If you received the error message that your password or login is not correct, click Forgot your Intel username or password? to recover the login ID.
- If you don’t remember your login ID, click Forgot your username? to retrieve it. Enter the email address you used during the registration to receive the login ID.
- Click Forgot your password? using the received login ID to reset your password .
If you have not registered your product, you may not have an account. Go to the Intel Registration Center and register the serial number and your email address in the Register a Product fields. If you already have an account, your product will be added to it. If you have not created an account yet, complete the form and create an account.
Note that an account may be locked if someone repeatedly fails to log in. Three failed log-in attempts may lock your account for 30 minutes. Also, the account can be disabled if it has not been used for years.
Still unable to sign-in? Use this support option only if you are unable to reset your password and access your account:
- Go to our developer support page.
- Locate the Site Support or Non-Technical Questions section.
- Click the drop-down menu and choose Registration / Login Issue.
- Complete the support request. Make sure to provide your name and email address.
- Who should I contact if I am unable to register my serial number?
- If you are unable to register your serial number, see the support options at Get Help.
- What do I do if a product I purchased is not showing up on the Intel® Registration Center?
- If you have not registered your product yet, register it with your serial number by following the instructions under "Where can I find my serial number?" You should be able to find your Intel Software Development Products serial number in the purchase order email sent by your reseller. After registration, log in to the Intel Registration Center to see the product in your account. If you are prompted that the serial number has already been registered, it is possible that the serial number was registered under another Intel Registration Center account.
If you have registered your product already, log in to the Intel Registration Center to see whether your product is already in your account.
If your serial number has been registered but the product is not showing up in your account, see the support options at Get Help.
- How do I register multiple serial numbers?
- To register your product or renewal using a valid email and your serial number, go to the Intel Registration Center.
Enter the first serial number. To register more than one serial number, click Add another serial number, and then enter the next serial number. Repeat the process to add other serial numbers. When you have entered all the required serial numbers, click Register All Products.