Flashing your board
- Open a Terminal window. Install dfu-util, which is an open source program that implements the USB DFU (USB Device Firmware Upgrade) protocol:
sudo apt-get install dfu-util
- Download the pre-built Ref IoT OS complete image for your board. The latest version is available on the main downloads page: https://software.intel.com/iot/hardware/edison/downloads
- Create a directory for Edison image (named DIRECTORY here):
$ mkdir DIRECTORY
$ cd DIRECTORY/
$ mkdir Image
- Go to the Downloads directory and move the image package to the newly created Image directory
$ cd ~/Downloads
~ mv iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-edison-20160606-patch.zip ~/DIRECTORY/Image
- Move to the directory for the Edison image
$ cd ~/DIRECTORY/Image
- Extract the contents of the image files.
$ unzip iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-edison-20160606-patch.zip
- Stay in the directory where you extracted the image files.
- To flash your board, enter the command:
- Follow the on-screen prompts and plug in your board to your system to power it when requested. The script can take up to 5 minutes to complete the flashing process.