Flashing your board
- Open a Terminal window and install Homebrew by entering the command:
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
- Install dfu-util, coreutils, and gnu-getopt by entering the command:
brew install dfu-util coreutils gnu-getopt
Note: The steps 1 and 2 only apply to Mac* OS X* host operating system.
- Download the latest Yocto* complete image from the main Intel® Edison board downloads page: https://software.intel.com/iot/hardware/edison/downloads.
- Extract the contents of the image file.
- In your terminal, navigate to the directory where you extracted the OS image. Note the file name and use it in the command below:
- Flash your board by entering the command:
- Follow the on-screen prompts and plug in your board to your system to power it when requested. The script can take up to 5 minutes to complete the flashing process.
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.