I don't have a 2 in 1 device, how can I play?

I don't have a 2 in 1 device, how can I play?

This question/comment comes from @MutluIsik on twitter.

The contest is really about inspiring developer to come up with innovative new games that push the envelope on the limits and boundaries of "what is a PC game?" versus "what is a tablet game?".  By having games that adapt the hardware to provide the gamer with both an immersive PC experience as well as an intuitive tablet experience, you let them play your game when they want, how they want, wherever they are.

But we realize, not every game developer has access to the latest devices.  This doesn't mean we don't care about other very cool indie games.  Quite the contrary - we at Intel and I personally care very much about fostering the indie spirit to help developers be successful whether that's on a phone, tablet, 2 in 1, laptop, gaming rig, or other future to be invented device.  So that's why we have the craft categories:

• Best Art Design
  • Best Sound
  • Best Game with 3D Graphics
  • Best Character Design
  • Best Use of Game Physics

To be the best demo/playable proof of concept in one of these craft categories does not require use of a 2 in 1 device.  You can see from the breadth of past winners that some of them are your traditional PC type titles, with really interesting mechanics, music, art, etc.

So please, if you are a game developer, designing something cool, submit.  It will obviously help if your something cool does something 2 in 1, but there's room in this contest for all developers to play!

Cheers!

Mitch

Zone: 

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

thanks

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today