Gamepad Support?

Gamepad Support?

My prototype is best played with a gamepad. Will the judges have access to gamepads or will the prototype be played only with touchscreen and keyboard controls?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

We strongly prefer touch input, but if your game prefers gamepad input, all the internal screeners and judges will have them.  I would strongly suggest if your demo is best experienced with a game pad, to put some note on the start up screen to that effect. 

~Mitch

Thanks Mitch,

I have been looking at cool ways to use the touch input that showcase the benefits of the 2 in 1 (i.e. equipping weapons, zooming in and out of the map) but the gameplay hasn't been built with touch controls in mind so it's difficult to switch it up now.
I will definitely put a note like that up first thing in game as you suggested. Thanks!

Stu,

I'm very realistic that a great experience is not when someone shoehorns a feature into a platform for a contest.  My hope is that it does cause game developers to think about it, if not for this season, then for next or for future games in general, since laptops/Ultrabooks with touch are becoming more and more prevalent AND it makes having a similar experience between a tablet release and more traditional "PC" release more seamless.  Looking forward to seeing your and all the other entries!

~Mitch

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today