entries with webcam? short games?

entries with webcam? short games?

Is it possible to submit a game that requires the webcam? Also our whole game is about 10 minutes long, should we make an even shorter demo or just submit that?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I don't see any problem with that since webcams are pretty standard these days.  I would encourage you to make sure to Q/A your game on a variety of systems to make sure it knows how to call the webcam data.  Best of luck!

~Mitch

On length of game - that's a tough one - if judges like it, I bet they'd play the whole 10 minutes.  But if you can make a really compelling short demo, that could leave them wanting more.

~Mitch

Thanks for the reply Mitch!

I also have a friend who is developing a game for realsense, what is your opinion on that or 3d cameras?

Finally, what's your suggestion on small games (see original post)?

Small games are fine.  It's not about the size of the game, it's about all the factors in the T&C - fun, graphics, etc.

There are also separate RealSense specific contest - the Intel RealSense challenge that specifically addresses games (and other applications) utilizing the technology.  For Level Up, the judges systems will not have RealSense cameras so unless there's a fall back path to keyboard/mouse and/or touch screen and/or controller it probably won't test well.

~Mitch

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today