Level Up - By the Numbers

Level Up - By the Numbers

Thank you all for your participation in and submissions to Level Up!  With the contest closing last night, I was eager to wake up this morning and see what was submitted and from where.  Here's some quick stats on the contest!

218 - Valid Submissions (up 40% from last year!)

These came from 29 of the 31 included countries (per official rules)

The top 5 countries by volume of submissions are:  United States, Australia,Russia,  United Kingdom, Canada

Submissions by Genre look like this:

Genre
Submissions

Open/Other

Action

Puzzle/Physics

Platformer

Adventure/Role Playing

What's great about this stat is it reinforces my believe that indie devs are innovating and coming up with new experiences and concepts for games that can't be pigeon holed into neat and clean notion of pre-defined genres!

I'm thrilled with number of submissions this year as I believe it indicates an increase in awareness for the contest - and I know that is largely due to devs telling other devs and spreading the contest via word of mouth (or I suppose Twitter and Facebook as well :)  ).

Now we're the judging phase of the contest, and we should be notifying winners in July with an official public announcement in August, right before PAX Prime!

Cheers!

Mitch

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Only 218, I was 546 lol. Now you got me worried, will we get some sort of notification if we are valid or not? Or did invalid submissions get taken down already?

I wouldn't worry, Adam. The number you got was probably just a unique ID, or counting up from past years' entries. 

I don't know if a notification is getting sent out to valid entries, but for now, assume your entry is valid unless you hear otherwise from us. Thanks for entering!

Great, thanks for the fast response.

Quote:

Adam P. wrote:

Only 218, I was 546 lol. Now you got me worried, will we get some sort of notification if we are valid or not? Or did invalid submissions get taken down already?

Don't worry. I've submitted my game twice. and second time my id has been incremented 559 and 562. (I've made update to the first version, included windows build).

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today