Rule clarification

Rule clarification

Hi all, 

I'm having a little trouble parsing one of the scoring criteria from the terms and conditions for the 2017 Level Up contest. Scoring criterion #4 states:

"25% Innovation in game play or concept using a testing platform with similar specifications to the target system requirements stated in section 1 of this document." 

As far as I can tell, 1/4 of the judges' score will go towards how well the games we submit ... use the hardware of the Razer Blade Stealth (or similar ultrabooks) in interesting ways? Am I way off? 

A potentially useful piece of info lies at the bottom of the terms and conditions: "2. Features may include, but are not limited to the game demo being context aware between clamshell and tablet mode, use of touch screen, use of gyroscope, accelerometer or other platform sensors." This is a footnote, but I can't find the part in the text that it's referencing, so this might not be related to the scoring of the contest. 

Anyone have any insight into this? Thanks in advance.

-Ian

Zone: 

Thread Topic: 

Question
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Best Reply

Hi Ian,

The Innovation category refers to gameplay while keeping in mind that it needs to run on the target hardware. This year’s contest does not include any special hardware attached to the Razer Blade Stealth. 

Hope this helps,

-Michael

引文:

Coppock, Michael J 写道:

The Innovation category refers to gameplay while keeping in mind that it needs to run on the target hardware. This year’s contest does not include any special hardware attached to the Razer Blade Stealth. 

Hi Michael,

That's extremely helpful. Thanks for clarifying! 

Ian

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today