All benchmarks

All benchmarks

Hi!

Just  short question: will you keep adding benchmarks as the teams manage to optimize their code? When can we expect the final benchmarks to be in place? I hope tests won't be added / removed / changed in the last 1-2 weeks before the end of the contest. Thanks!

Andrei

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

The benchmarks are not relevant for your score, your code will be tested with different scenarios, not with the benchmark you get the results from ;)

Rock the bits!

Are you sure? I remember they said they'd test on the same files last year.

Nevertheless, I still want to hear an official opinion.

Andrei

Nevermind, you were right, I found this post by Cedric in another thread.

"We will add bigger files on the cluster soon.We will also give some of this files on the forum. You just need to have in mind that you will not have the files we will use to evaluate the programs at the end of the contest. We don't want contestants to adapt their programs to our test sets."

Andrei

Hi Andrei,
Cedric said that for a reason.
If we had the same files on the benchmark than for the evaluation because we could adapt our algorithm to the benchmark's scenarios and this is not the goal. I can't find the original thread but I'm sure I have read that :)

Regards,

Timothé Viot,
Engineer student, Insa Rennes 1
France

26/11/2012 - 22:53
Quote:

Andrei S. wrote:

Nevermind, you were right, I found this post by Cedric in another thread.

"We will add bigger files on the cluster soon.We will also give some of this files on the forum. You just need to have in mind that you will not have the files we will use to evaluate the programs at the end of the contest. We don't want contestants to adapt their programs to our test sets."

Andrei

27/11/2012 - 00:54
Quote:

Tim wrote:

Hi Andrei,
Cedric said that for a reason.
If we had the same files on the benchmark than for the evaluation because we could adapt our algorithm to the benchmark's scenarios and this is not the goal. I can't find the original thread but I'm sure I have read that :)

Regards,

Really Tim? You want the social points that bad?

Hey,

I was going to answer but, I just realized that the last line of the text was exactly the same thing that I said. x'/
So, it's my bad, I think I read the quote a little too quickly by skipping the last sentence. :c
I'm sorry for that, it happens. :/

(For the social points, don't worry, if there wasn't I would answer to questions anyway, just because I like that. ;) )

Again, sorry.

Timothé Viot,
Engineer student, Insa Rennes 1
France

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today