I'm trying to install HAXM on Windows 8.1 Pro and every time I get the message "This computer meets the requirements for HAXM, but Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) is not turned on.". I have a ASUS K75JV notebook with Intel Core i7 3610QM processor and 8GB RAM.
I have tried all found solutions and it still won't install:
- I have the latest BIOS for my notebook
- VT-x and VT-d are turned on in BIOS
- I don't have Hyper-V installed on my system
- I've tried "bcdedit /set nx AlwaysOn" and reboot
- Tried HAXM 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 (Win 8.1 hotfix)