HAXM 1.1.0 is not loading x86 atom image on fresh Yosemite install (core 2 duo): it goes straight to a black screen.
I can run ARM images, but when I try to run an Atom x86 image (android 4.4.2, nexus 5 clone), it goes to a black screen and sits there doing nothing. The emulator output reports "HAX is working and emulator runs in fast virt mode" before going to the black screen emulator window.
Never had an older version of HAXM installed, so don't think its the "old haxm verison doesn't work on mavericks/yosemite" problem.
Details about my setup:
- "AVD_for_Nexus_5", Android 4.4.2, Atom x86
- Hardware: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (Macbook Pro 17, mid2009)
- Fresh install of Yosemite, no virtualization software installed besides HAXM
- HAXM 1.1.0 for "10.9 and above" installed, downloaded from Intel's webiste yesterday
- GPU: have tried both enabled/disabled with no effect: black screen either way