HAXM Installer Fails (AVAST! Anti Virus)

HAXM Installer Fails (AVAST! Anti Virus)

/**************** AVAST Anti-Virus IS THE CULPRIT ****************/

If you are using Avast go to Settings -> Troubleshooting and [Disable] 'Enable hardware -assisted virtualization. 

HAXM will install if you have no other issues....

/**************** AVAST Anti-Virus IS THE CULPRIT ****************/

Guys

I know  - everyone asks!  I am failing to install HAXM on my Dell Vostro 3700 running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Intel HAXM installer reports "...Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) is not turned on."

My CPU is suitable:
http://ark.intel.com/products/50179/Intel-Core-i5-460M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_53-GHz?q=i5%20460M

I have installed the latest BIOS.

I have disabled/enabled virtualization in the BIOS.

I have disabled /enabled virtualization using Dell's CCTKGUI app.

CrystalCPU reports:

Looks Ok?

Help please!

Cheers

AndyF.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the post edit with the solution. Somebody on this forum entry pointed that out. The hardware-assisted virtualization technology from Avast will actually mess up with other virtualization technologies. I believe that Avast has introduced a virtualizer in order to run certain applications in a sandboxed mode, hence increasing security. 

From my understanding, the Avast virtualization technology is a Type 2 virtualizer (this Wikipedia entry describes the difference between type 1 and type 2 hypervisors very well) which should not interfere with Intel HAXM. This requires investigation and I will communicate this with the Intel HAXM engineering team.

Best,

Shailen Sobhee

Hello !

Disable avast shield and then try again.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today