Cannot uninstall HAXM 1.1.1 to upgrade to 6.0.1

Cannot uninstall HAXM 1.1.1 to upgrade to 6.0.1

Hi All, 

I Have a Windows 10 machine with HAXM 1.1.1 running. I want to upgrade it to 6.0.1 but it wants some msi package which I do not have to uninstall v 1.1.1. I don't know what to do, I downloaded an old installer package 1.1.1 and point to hax64.msi when it wants to uninstall but it says its an invalid package.

Stuck here as I cannot uninstall or upgrade to a new HAX version.

If anybody knows what to do, please tell me as I'm stuck and it sucks.

Regards

Jacques

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I have the same problem here on Windows 8.1 - can't uninstall HAXM v 1.1.1 neither from the control panel or silent_install.bat in \sdk\extras\intel\Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager

I noticed the following thread, possibly related, 

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/android-applications-on-intel-architecture/topic/537144

I decided to remove all references I could find in the registry related to v 1.1.1, I think I found four places, maybe two of which were mentioned in the install.bat.  I rebooted and still got "Error 1714. The older version of Intel® Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group. System Error 1612. " in the silent run log.

haxm-windows_r05.zip is not available at the above link, but thankfully someone has hosted it if you search for it.

Ok, for everybody struggling with the issue where you are unable to uninstall HAXM v1.1.1 or upgrade to a higher version because of the missing installer file, this is what I did to fix it:

- opened the registry editor, did a search for "Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager"

- found this installed product: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\5F13BCCED53473F49AD885453D6C7281

- removed the entire registry entry 5F13BCCED53473F49AD885453D6C7281 and all of its subkeys (backed it up first, should anything break)

- rebooted my computer

- Succesfully installed the latest version downloaded from the Intel website.

This may not be the most elegant solution, but it works now :) 

Regards, 

Jacques Herweijer

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today