How to use Android ProGuard to obfuscate the source?

How to use Android ProGuard to obfuscate the source?

Hi

I can't find project.properties or any android proguard file.
How to enable Android ProGuard to obfuscate ?

Thank you

Zone: 

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I am not aware of a way to use Android ProGuard with the XDK. I believe you need to use Cordova CLI locally, on your machine, and build the apps yourself, using CLI, to incorporate Android ProGuard. I recommend you search the Internet for something like "using Android ProGuard with Cordova or PhoneGap apps" for information on how to do that.

Our build system is cloud-based, so anything that requires that you update the platform files will not work with ours. If there is a solution that works with PhoneGap Build (not just plain PhoneGap, but specifically PhoneGap Build) then there may be a way to make it work with the XDK build system.

Quote:

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

I am not aware of a way to use Android ProGuard with the XDK. I believe you need to use Cordova CLI locally, on your machine, and build the apps yourself, using CLI, to incorporate Android ProGuard. I recommend you search the Internet for something like "using Android ProGuard with Cordova or PhoneGap apps" for information on how to do that.

Our build system is cloud-based, so anything that requires that you update the platform files will not work with ours. If there is a solution that works with PhoneGap Build (not just plain PhoneGap, but specifically PhoneGap Build) then there may be a way to make it work with the XDK build system.

I'll try using Cordova CLI locally.
I still hope that Intel XDK can support obfuscation in the future. :)

Thanks for your help Paul

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today