Bummed Out

Bummed Out

I just received my Visual Studio 6.0 Pro upgrade. (Needed it for Visual Basic and Activex development.) There are 2 rebates in the box. Either $100 or $200, depending on what else I had.
But my CVF Developer Studio 6.1 does not apply!!

As indicated, I'm bummed out about this.

lkd

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Um, why did you think that a product not made by Microsoft would qualify for a Microsoft rebate? The rebate is based on the product, not some amount of shared technology. CVF is not MS Visual Studio. We once had a user upset because he thought CVF included Visual Studio, with Visual C++ and Visual Basic! He recognized that we charged less than MS did for their product, but still thought we had deceived him! Sigh...

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

"CVF is not MS Visual Studio."

And so the use of the same icon for CVF and Visual Studio is just a coincidence?

CVF is not Visual Studio. CVF does include "Developer Studio", the MS technology component whose icon you refer to (and is labelled Developer Studio in the program group). Developer Studio is not a product in itself.

You can blame Microsoft for confusingly similar terminology, but the two are not the same. Visual Studio is a product you can buy in a store, Developer Studio (the IDE) is not.

Steve

Oh boy - I'm backing out of the door on this one!

But before I leave, let me tell you that I would not give up my CVF for anything. It has 2 features that I can't live without. (1) Array Visualizer. (2) Fantastic support.

Glad to hear it!

Steve

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today