CVF 6.6 Status?

CVF 6.6 Status?

When do you expect to release CVF 6.6? ( I am assuming that the next release is referred to as version 6.6). Will this upgrade be free or will there be an upgrade fee? If so, any idea how much. Our company is trying to plan year-end expenses.

Thanks,

John C.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

John,

CVF 6.6 is in manufacturing now and should begin shipping from Compaq next week. 6.5 users can upgrade free by download, or can buy the upgrade on CD-ROM for a nominal charge ($20 in the US from the Compaq Fortran eStore, available from about a dozen resellers worldwide at prices set by them. Details coming as soon as I can get the web site updated.)

Users of earlier versions (5.0-6.1) can buy a Version Upgrade kit, which we will temporarily lower the price of to $199/$299 (Standard/Pro), formerly $329/$439. This price lasts through the end of November.

I'm really hoping to get the web site updated next week, but I have to switch to the new Compaq web branding (like the forum here), so that's extra work.

If you have 6.5 and want to download the upgrade now, you can get it here.

Steve

Retired 12/31/2016

Steve,

Unfortunately this won't install on my machine (NT Server 4.0, SP6, CVF6.5a). It complains that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareDigitalEquipmentCorporationVisualFortranCurrentVersionVersionKey does not exist (and it is correct). The registry contains everything up to the "VersionKey" bit. Can I simply add VersionKey with a value "6.5a"? Are there likely to be other bits missing?

Thanks in anticipation,

Stuart.

Stuart,

Are you sure it says "VersionKey"? It should be "VersionKeyString" If this is not there, then this suggests you have not properly installed 6.5. You could manually add this value (it should say "6.5", not 6.5A), but I wonder what other registry values are incorrect.

I recommend reinstalling 6.5 and then trying again. If you still have problems after that, send details to us at vf-support@compaq.com - following the troubleshooting instructions.

Steve

Retired 12/31/2016

Yes, I did mean "VersionKeyString" (I knew I shouldn't have clicked on OK before typing the message). Anyway, the registry hack worked.

Thinking back, for a long time I had both 5.0D and 6.5a installed, so at a guess the VersionKeyString died when I uninstalled 5.0D to make more space on my drive.

Thanks

Stuart.

Yes, uninstalling 5.0 would have removed this key.

Steve

Retired 12/31/2016

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today