run-time libraries

run-time libraries

I am creating a single-threaded DLL which is linked against the static run-time libraries.
Do I still have to distribute dforrt.dll, msvcrt.dll and/or other run-time libraries?
If I have to distribute some libraries, can I just include them in my application folder or should they be installed in the user's system folder?

There is a "redistributables self-installing kit" available for 6.6 (VFRUN660I.exe). Do I need this kit in my case (DLL linked against the static run-time libraries), and is this kit compatible with CVF 6.6A? The 6.6A webpage mentions another kit to be released in "early January". Is this kit available?

One last question: If I have to distribute run-time libraries, are they compatible with any localized version of (32 bit) Windows (95, 98, ME, NT4, 2k, XP)?

Thanks,
Michael

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

If your DLL is linked against the static libraries, you don't have to redistribute other DLLs. I'll ask what the status of a VFRUN kit for 6.6A is. We know of no problems using our DLLs with localized version of Windows.

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today