Will VTune for Android be integrated?

Will VTune for Android be integrated?

In Intel System Software Tools for Android, VTune for Android has been enabled, will it be integrated in BM in future?

Thanks!

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Thank you for your feature request.  We will consider adding this to Beacon Mtn. 

Hi yi-yang,

I would like to test ICC and Vtune for android and I can't seem to find  "Intel System Software Tools for Android" are you refering to "Intel System Studio" in that case I can't find support for Android on that package.. is that in a private program?

please provide info to access this tools..

thanks..

Cita:

rtfss1gmail.com escribió:

Hi yi-yang,

I would like to test ICC and Vtune for android and I can't seem to find  "Intel System Software Tools for Android" are you refering to "Intel System Studio" in that case I can't find support for Android on that package.. is that in a private program?

please provide info to access this tools..

thanks..

Hi rtfss1,

Currently, yes, ISSTA is only for NDA-based users, or as Judi said, maybe they will be added to Beacon Mountain in future as users' requirements.

Thanks!

Hi rtfss1,

if you have access to the Linux version of ICC it should be possible to build NDK apps with it. Basically you have two options: 

1. Build your NDK shared libraries statically. Use the switch -static in a standalone environment. This will lead to a big increase in the size of the library
  2. Specify a sysroot for using ICC. You propably also want to use the parameter -intel-static to include the Intel libs into the resulting shared library. 

This is just very brief and not tested at all. If you are interested I can provide you more detailed instructions and also include some instructions how to setup the library and include search paths. 

For VTune you definitely need a special Android package because of the unique target collector. 

Hope this helps!
Alex 

Hello Alex,

I am very interested in this as well.  Can you please make the information publicly available?

thanks,

jason

Hi Jason,

it will take some time. I will try to create some instructions on Friday or beginning of next week. 

Stay tuned :-)
Alex 

Thanks Alex,

waiting to see detailed instructions then..

Oscar.

[ Yi-yang wrote ]
>>
>>Currently, yes, ISSTA is only for NDA-based users...

Yi-yang,

When you use some abbreviations do not assume that all developers around the world know what they mean and it is a matter of respect to use abbreviations properly with some short explanations. I could only assume that NDA means Non Disclosure Agreement and I have no idea what ISSTA means. Thanks in advance.

I understood:

ISSTA - Intel System Software Tools for Android

Hi Sergey,

Currently, ISSTA has been renamed to ISS-A (Intel System Studio for Android). And the registration process for ISS-A has changed, and same to before, it is only for NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) user.

Thanks! :)

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today