Installation problem win7 on virtual box 4.2.12

Installation problem win7 on virtual box 4.2.12

Hi,

I am trying to execute the installer and encountered a problem:

Somewhere in the middle of the installation I get an error message and the entire installation is rolled-back :(

From the Event Viewer in Windows I get the following error message:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        MsiInstaller
Date:          5/22/2013 3:08:06 PM
Event ID:      11720
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          albrecht-win7\albrecht
Computer:      albrecht-win7
Description:
Product: Android* Development Tools (ADT Bundle) -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Custom action CA_VB_DownloadADT script error -2147217385, :  Line 135, Column 3,  
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="MsiInstaller" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">11720</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-05-22T22:08:06.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>113022</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>albrecht-win7</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-XXXXXXXXXXXXXx" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Product: Android* Development Tools (ADT Bundle) -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Custom action CA_VB_DownloadADT script error -2147217385, :  Line 135, Column 3,  </Data>
    <Data>(NULL)</Data>
    <Data>(NULL)</Data>
    <Data>(NULL)</Data>
    <Data>(NULL)</Data>
    <Data>(NULL)</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Binary>7B41463838333438432D443538392D343146462D393044372D3139454133364243434442367D</Binary>
  </EventData>
</Event>

What also is strange is that even though vitrualbox says that VT-x extension is enabled the installer issues a warning under the Options link in the first installation step.

Any help getting this straightened out would be greatly appreciated. Alternatively a linux 64 bit version would be appreciated.

Thanks
Albrecht

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

What is event stranger is that the error the installer shows does not match what I find in the event viewer. Please see attached screenshot.

Attachments: 

This could be a low memory situation. Could you tell us how much RAM is installed on this PC? Also, could you send us the log files for Beacon Mountain? I've attached a pdf file with the instructions to find the correct log files. Thanks!

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/pdf beacon-mountain-log-files.pdf385.35 KB

Octavio,

I have allocate 6GB for the Windows 7 VM. I attached the output from MSINFO32.exe and the log files I created with verbose logging enabled as per your instructions.

Thanks for looking into the issue.
Albrecht

Attachments: 

Citação:

Albrecht G. escreveu:

What also is strange is that even though vitrualbox says that VT-x extension is enabled the installer issues a warning under the Options link in the first installation step.

Hello Albrecht,

AFAIR, VT-x can't be used on guest system because host uses it to run guest system (win7) so Intel® Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager driver won't work there. Vitrualbox says that it uses VT-x extension.

--Vladimir

We recently released an update that addressed issues similar to yours.  Could you retry the current installer, and let me know what happens?

Thanks

It now installed without problems.

tried to install in vmware?

JudLup Luna

No, only on virtual box.

>>...
>>Custom action CA_VB_DownloadADT script error -2147217385
>>...

-2147217385 = 0x80041017 and this is WBEM_E_INVALID_QUERY error. Windows Management Instrumentation ( WMI ) uses some kind of SQL-like queries and it is possible that one of these queries used in the installer failed when it was executed.

Sergey,

The error you are referencing is from an older version of the installer.   If you are still having the above error, please download the most recent version.

-Chuck

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today