Beta Tested Applications

Beta Tested Applications

It seems that beta applications are still available even after they are published to the store. Will they ever be removed or beta testers can use them even after published to the store? We hope beta testers will not be charged automatically if the application is a paid application and they use it without realizing the app is already in the store.
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi,

Thank you for your query.

Yes, you are correct. Beta test applications may still be available after they have published. However it should be noted that the beta test applications will only be visible to those people (beta testers) that you invited for beta testing.

In general, beta testers are not charged for beta testing your applications.

It is your responsibility to End you beta testing once your application has been published, unless you have some more tests to carry out. You should then inform your beta testers that the application is already published, however the beta application is still available since you may need to perform some more tests.

If you want to End you beta test, you can do it via your Dashboard by selecting the specific application, edit the application and when you reach the Upload step, at the bottom you will see 'Beta Test Started. You can expand it and then you will see the list of your beta testers and also End Beta Test.

If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Customer Support
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Regards,
DG Rooven

Rooven,

If a Beta Tester is added, and they install the app, then you remove them from the list of beta testers, will the app cease to execute for them? I have not had the opportunity to test this, but was curious what the intended behavior will be.

Brian,

I have done some testing and below is the behaviour I noticed:

You have been invited to beta test an app, you log-in to AppUp(SM) Center and you will find the specific application under your Pending Downloads;
You download the application and install it then lauch it - it runs fine and you are able to beta test it (it appears under Recently downloaded);
You then Exit the AppUp(SM) also killing the ServiceManager and storeData.bin;
Restart the AppUp(SM), log-in again and you will find that the specific application is no longer under recently download and you can no longer launch it from AppUp(SM) - it will be again appearing under Pending Downloads and you have to re-download it.

Now if you End the Beta Testing or remove the tester from the list, when you log-in to the AppUp(SM) you no longer see the application in your list (neither pending downloads nor in recently downloaded). The application cannot be downloaded and executed from the AppUp(SM).

I however noticed that the application has not been unistalled and is still available via the start menu or desktop shortcuts (but not via AppUp(SM)).

I tested on Window 7 Starter.

I guess it will be the same behaviour on XP but I cannot confirm this yet.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Customer Support
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Regards,
DG Rooven

DG Rooven thank you for your answer. I can't check it right now because application now is in validation state. I will check and report you right after app will be validated.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today