AppUp internal error

AppUp internal error

Hi, I am beta testing my first app, I invited myself and I am running AppUp on a VmWare virtual machine running XP. First of all the app still appear with the first icon I added, I changed it and also uploaded again the installer but it always have the first icon. However the big problem is that every time I try to download the App I get the error: "We could not complete your request. An internal Intel AppUp center error was detected. Error code: -1" I waited hours, tried again several times, I uploaded again the installer but nothing changed. Does AppUp have special requirements (for example IE7 or IE8 ) ? Is there a way to workaround this problem ?
7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi,

For beta testing, there is a known issue that updated icon image is not reflected on the AppUp(SM) Center. This issue will happen only during beta testing.

The requirement for the AppUp(SM) to run fine is to have your operating system updated to the latest updates available from the operating system manaufacturer. .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is also required. We currently supports only English Version of operating system.
You can find the system requirements on the following link: http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-4695

Please can you update your operating system and re-install the AppUp(SM) Center and let us know if the issue remains.

Regards
Rooven

Intel AppUp(SM) Center
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel Technical Support

Regards,
DG Rooven

Thanks for your reply. Windows XP on the virtual machine I am using it's english version, it's updated to SP3, .Net Framework 3.5 SP1, some windows updates are missing but I think they should not matter. Please note that I am able to login, edit and save my preferences, browse the shop... only the download doesn't work... it writes "downloading..." but after few minutes I get that error message.
Anyway I also tried on another virtual machine, Windows 7 x64, english, it's a clean install with only some programs of mine installed but I get the same error.

Hi Gianpaolo,

Thank you for your reply.

If the AppUp(SM) store is running fine but the issue is happening only with the beta test app download, then it could also be an issue with the installer of your application.

I will pass the information to the validation team and ask somebody for their team to assist you in beta testing the application.
If you are having any issues with download other published application as well, please do let us know and we will investigate.

Regards
Rooven

Intel AppUp(SM) Center
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel Technical Support

Regards,
DG Rooven

Hi,
thanks for your reply.
I found the error on the installer, the PostBuild event in visual studio didn't work well and msi file was not signed. I signed it and uploaded again, now I get again the same error but I see that "Installing..." is displayed for few seconds. I think a better diagnostic should really be implemented at least for beta testing applications. You only get an internal error without any explanation of what is wrong with the installer.
Is there any check between the organization name used in AppUp and the name inside the digital signature ? I am asking because in my case they are not the same.

Hi again,
at the end I was able to install the beta version of my application, the last problem was due to some remnants of previous installation tests. After removing them download and installation have been completed correctly.
Regards,
Gianpaolo

Gianpaolo,

Although this reply is a little late, I thought perhaps you could benefit from considering a virtual test environment. This setup provides us with a method to quickly reset the environment, and insures that when we test we are emulating the validation environment as closely as possible. Please see this link for an example implementation:

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/blog/2009/12/24/how-setup-virtual-test-environment-using-vmware-player-free-solution

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today