Error: Layer proposal not found in network

Error: Layer proposal not found in network

Hi,

I am getting following error while running object_detection_sample in the inference engine samples:

deepak@camry:~/test/intel/deep_learning_sdk_2017.1.0.2778/deployment_tools/inference_engine/bin/intel64/Release$ ./object_detection_sample  -i ~/Desktop/image.bmp  -m ~/test1/test/test-tiny.xml -d CPU
InferenceEngine:
    API version ............ 1.0
    Build .................. 2778

Build .................. 2017.0.2
    Description ....... MKLDnnPlugin
Layer proposal not found in network

May I know the reason for this ?

Thank you.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

This error means there is no layer called "proposal" in your model.

object_detection_sample can only process Faster-RCNN-type networks (that have a "proposal' layer inside). If you have some custom one, it won't work out-of-the-box because different object-detectors use different output data formats (there is no single standard).

What kind of model are you processing? Could you share it?

Thank you for your interest!

Hi Ilya,

Ok. That's correct, my prototxt does not have any "proposal" layer.

I am using yolo-tiny-protxt. In this case what I need to do get the output ?

Hi Deepak,

We are working on YOLO and YOLO-tiny support. These nets will be supported in the upcoming DL Toolkit release (that will be published this or next week).

Please, download the new DL toolkit release and let me know - I will help you with scoring YOLO-tiny.

Thank you Ilya. From where I can get the update on the new release ?

Hi Deepak,

The Deep Learning Deployment Toolkit Beta 2017R2 has just released. You are welcome to download it and try. There you will find YOLO support and a sample.

https://software.seek.intel.com/deep-learning-deployment

I have installed new IntelSdkR2, Now running my code as follows, and getting the same (intel_cv_sdk_ubuntu_r2_2017.0.113):

deepak@Desktop:/opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2017.0.113/inference_engine/samples/object_detection_sample$ ./a.out -i ~/Downloads/num.jpg -m ~/testYolo/tiny/tiny.xml  -d CPU
InferenceEngine:
    Build .................. 4463

Build .................. lnx_2018.0.20170425
    Description ....... MKLDnnPlugin
Layer proposal not found in network

Please, use object_detection_sample_yolo, not  object_detection_sample.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today