OpenVino on Raspbian 97-myriadusbboot.rules is missing still missing on R3

OpenVino on Raspbian 97-myriadusbboot.rules is missing still missing on R3

"The Raspberry pi 4 is now out, and runs the latest version of Raspbian 10 Buster! Currently if you follow the instruction at: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_... to install OpenVino, although the builds complete sucessfully for the C++ programs shipped with it, the Python bindings fail.

The package supplied by Intel does not expect Python 3.7, or Rasbian Buster for that matter. I imagine they will release an update at some point, but I am not very patient. Here is a workaround, that can get you up and running with OpenVINO on the pi4! It appears to work well, at least with my scripts from the PI3. I am getting > 30FPS with the async script on a single NCS2!"

https://github.com/leswright1977/RPI4_NCS2

This problem still exists in R3  The compile of the .py demos breaks when running the Makefile.  It would great if this were fixed and an upgrade issued.

I am fighting to install the fix suggested.on R pi 3B Python 3.7 Buster

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Dear Domoney, William

Can you be more specific about the errors you are still getting in R3 ? And are the build errors only on RPI 4 ?

By the way congrats on getting everything working. getting > 30FPS with the async script on a single NCS2 is pretty phenomenal ! Please describe the errors you are experiencing in more detail. A log showing the errors would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Shubha

Thanks Shubba

I haven't got it to run yet

A make on my omz_demos_build crashes at 89% complete with 

main.cpp:(.text+0x644c): undefined reference to `__atomic_load_8'
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/security_barrier_camera_demo.dir/main.cpp.o: in function `main':
main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x2650): undefined reference to `__atomic_load_8'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [security_barrier_camera_demo/CMakeFiles/security_barrier_camera_demo.dir/build.make:92: armv7l/Release/security_barrier_camera_demo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1006: security_barrier_camera_demo/CMakeFiles/security_barrier_camera_demo.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:130: all] Error 2

Screengrab to follow

I will work through all the demos on my Pi and check which ones work

I am only getting 4 FPS on my MYRIAD on my PC and will see if there is something I should set

attempting to install the movidius USB rules

sh /opt/intel/openvino/install_dependencies/install_NCS_udev_rules.sh
Updating udev rules...
File '97-myriad-usbboot.rules' is missing. Please make sure you installed 'Inference Engine Runtime for Intel® Movidius™ VPU'.
/opt/intel/openvino/install_dependencies/install_NCS_udev_rules.sh: 32: exit: Illegal number: -1

this feels so close to being a really good demo next week

Dear Domoney, William,

Sorry for all the issues you are having. I will file a bug on the File '97-myriad-usbboot.rules' is missing.  issue. I'm assuming that you followed the raspbian install doc carefully right ?

Thanks for your patience,

Shubha

This looks to be the problem  I have Python 3.7 installed.  

OpenVINO environment initialized
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ source /opt/intel/openvino/bin/setupvars.sh
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/pi/openvino/inference_engine_vpu_arm/python/python3.5/cv2.so': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/pi/openvino/inference_engine_vpu_arm/python/python3.5/libpython3.5m.so.1.0': No such file or directory
[setupvars.sh] 64 bitness for Python 3.7 is requred
[setupvars.sh] OpenVINO environment initialized

Do you have a version that works on Python 3.7 please as I am not totally wild about reverting to Python 3.5?

Do you have a version that works on 

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today