Linux version

Linux version

Any information / release date?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello Constantine,

Thank you for your interest in the Linux version of Flow Graph Designer. We are approaching the Linux port in a phased manner and we are planning to release a version of the data collector for Linux shortly - however, you will still have to use the Windows version to visualize the data collected. Please let us know if this is an issue for you and we will adjust our priorities regarding the Linux version of Flow Graph Designer internally.

Thanks,

-Vasanth

Quote:

tovinkere (Intel) wrote:

Hello Constantine,

Thank you for your interest in the Linux version of Flow Graph Designer. We are approaching the Linux port in a phased manner and we are planning to release a version of the data collector for Linux shortly - however, you will still have to use the Windows version to visualize the data collected. Please let us know if this is an issue for you and we will adjust our priorities regarding the Linux version of Flow Graph Designer internally.

Thanks,

-Vasanth

Yes, this is an issue for me since I'm not using nor developing applications for Windows. As I can see Flow Graph Designer uses QT for GUI, since it's a cross platform library as Intel TBB itself, is Windows-specific code were used that prevents it from being build under Linux without changes?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Constantine,

We have released our Flow Graph Designer version 0.02, which includes a Linux collector. If that is a suitable workaround for now, please use the Linux collector and provide us with your valuable feedback.

As far as the Flow Graph Designer being based on QT, that is correct. So, technically a port to Linux and Mac OS should be straight forward as there are no platform specific pieces in the tool. However, this a little further down on our list of priorities at this point, but we definitely hope to make available a Linux version sometime soon.

I will be more than happy to contact you for early feedback when we have something functional on Linux. Do you have a preferred Linux OS? Any details will be helpful at this point.

Thanks!

Hi Vasanth,

It's nice to have collector on Linux, although I personally interested more in a GUI part of Flow Graph Designer.

Thanks for including samples in version 0.02! They may be helpful in the future.

Do you have a preferred Linux OS?

I think Ubuntu is a good choice for the first platform that app may target.

I will be more than happy to contact you for early feedback when we have something functional on Linux.

It would be great, but as I mentioned before GUI is a crucial part for me to invest time in this tool. As soon as you have a working prototype or for any advice on linux developing part email me at iamvfx(@)gmail(dot)com, I will be glad to help any way I can!

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today