I uploaded the DEB and RPM, but it doesn't have an upload buttom for MSI.

I uploaded the DEB and RPM, but it doesn't have an upload buttom for MSI.

I uploaded the DEB and RPM, but it doesn't have an upload buttom for MSI. Seems that the upload does not allow for MSI, DEB, RPM for the same program. When will that get fixed? This is a little silly since my games dont' really need any of the 3.
10 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello Travis,

please seperate your Windows and Moblin projects.

If you submit a Moblin application/component you can select the RPM and DEB file to upload.
Then create a new GUID and submit your Windows application/component with this new GUID. Now you can upload the MSI file.
I have tested this right now and works fine.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program

That is a bunch of extra time building and packaging for a new GUID and adding the product info for each product twice for the same product.

Which means each new info update must occur 2 times as well.

This means I will need to add each of my 10 games 4 times (2 for demo/unlocked and 2 for windows/linux). That's 40 updates for each new release that occurs every 2 months. I will end up spending a whole week doing the update just for Moblin while spending another week on the Android/J2ME/PC versions.

I think that adding the ability to include all OSs for one product and a demo/trial file would be very helpful. Taking my 40 updates to 10 which would put me back in play for less than a day to update them all for Moblin like I can for PC, Android, and J2ME.

Hello Travis,

the submission process is split up by target platform where Windows includes all supported Windows versions and Linux includes all Linux editions etc. To update an already submitted and approved application is a quick process and won't take much of your time.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Well 1/4 the the time would result in more free time for development and better products.

I takes 5-10 minutes to add a product but doing it 4 times will take up to 40 minutes for one application and about 20 minutes for building for the product IDs.

Keeping track of the product ID for each build will be the biggest issue going forward. Four product IDs for the same product is stupid and hard to track.

Hi Andre,

All said and done but this will not help anybody moving forward. No body will be willing to waste time in just repeating the same process again and again and for the same application by giving different GUIDs and different app names only because there is no option to submit/upload different files.

If you go back to app submission page in OS selection section why is it multiple choices it can be a rado button. More over taking the above example if we have 5 apps on multiple platforms than I can't keep multiplying same process and it will be lot more difficult even to manage.

Hope you understand the pain that we are facing and try to resolve it at the earliest.

Khan

Hello All,

I will check with the Website Team if we can improve this process. Thanks for your feedback !

Best Regards,

Andre B.

>> please seperate your Windows and Moblin projects.

i second the notion of keeping the same GUID for windows and moblin projects.

we use a cross-platform development environment internally which means the windows and moblin projects utilize the same source code; only the libraries we link against to build the final product are different. just the administration overhead of having to create a second entry is a nightmare - uploading screenshots, descriptions.. when it comes to games, there will be no functional different between windows and moblin/linux honestly.

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP
http://www.mobile1up.com/

Hello All,

your requests have been added to the enhancement plan of the SDK. Thanks !

Best Regards,

Andre B.

>> your requests have been added to the enhancement plan of the SDK.

excellent; ideally, GUID should be associated to the application; not the platform.

when it comes to submission validation/crashes/bug reports it should be done within the application definition on a nested level; so i can submit a windows version first; and then later, when a moblin version is developed; be capable of going through the validation process without affecting the windows version. right now; since application names are unique; you have to submit each uniquely - using names like:

'my application - Windows'
'my application - Moblin'

which can cause nightmares; since application names have to be unique for you to get a GUID in the first place; adding the platform definition to the name is a waste; and what if you start out windows only; and then decide to focus on moblin (if the market is large enough)? - how can you go about renaming your application; or is the application name and GUID related in regards to the GUID generation?

i've worked on platforms including Palm OS, Windows Mobile, Symbian UIQ/S60, Mac OSX, Windows and Linux (not to mention some obscure ones) - so, these are very valid points :) since it is very early on in the developer program; change early is easier now :) learn from experience.

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP
http://www.mobile1up.com/

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today