Non Native Open Source App - GUID in source code?

Non Native Open Source App - GUID in source code?

Hi, I have a very simple open source app developed in VB 6 and I have converted it into .msi and its running fine. Do I need to use GUID in my source code if yes than my why? I read on the forum, for an open source app no need to use SDK but GUID is required but where is it required? is it just as a submission process I need to generate GUID or do I really have to integrate somewhere in the code. If I have to implement it in the code than what are the steps and what is the use ? Immediate response will be highly appreciated. Thanks, Khan
Khan
8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Khan,

In all documents I have reviewed you do not need to insert the GUID. Since you are not implementing the SDK, there is no need for a GUID.

That great Brain.

Hope everyone else visiting this thread will be much more clear on this point...

I will start the submission right away.

Thanks again.
Khan

Khan

One more quick question..
For an windows based open source app submission do I need to include source code in the package. As per the packaging requirements http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/packaging-requirements we only need to include source code for moblin based apps so any idea on what needs to be done.

Thanks,
khan

Khan

Per the validation rules you must include the source code.

Regarding Open Source,

The situation is a litte intricate and I think you should probably read this http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/684 before finalizing your decision.

Incase the code is entirely yours and you want to open source it...then you should not include the IADP SDK component.

Including the IADP SDK causes any open sourced app to turn into a non-open source one. It basically becomes a proprietary app.

Hope this helps!

Great info Bosco. This thread has really helped me and Thank you for providing such valuable information.

Thanks,
Khan

Khan

Hi there,

I got a quick question: One of my ISVs submitted a Windows Open Source application. He did not integrate the SDK because it isn’t required for open source apps. Still he failed validation and one of the reasons was the missing SDK. Does anybody have any idea what went wrong here?

Thank you very much!

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today