Building on Windows 7 for XP

Building on Windows 7 for XP

I'm posting this for anyone that may run into this problem. Trivial, but may be helpful. I compiled my Application on Windows 7 but it failed to run on XP with this error: The procedure entry point K32EnumProcesses could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL I found the problem outlined in: http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2009/08/27/windows-sdk-v7-0-v7-0a-incompatibility-workaround.aspx To Fix it I added the options mentioned in that blog post to the C/C++ command line options (project settings is VC++) and set PSAPI.DLL and WSOK32.DLL (In your Setup project under Detected Dependencies) option *Exclude* to *True* And that fixed the problem.
7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Actually, he was developing on windows7 and targeting XP.

Thanks for the tip. There are a number of pitfalls one can fall into when developing on Windows 7 and targeting Windows XP. Best of luck,

I'm also facing the same issue.My application is installing fine in windows 7. But throwing errors while installing that in windows xp machines.Throwing an error "The procedure entry point wcscp_s could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll."

I think it may be because my development environment in Windows 7, so it is working fine for windows 7 systems. For targeting the application to XP systems also I tried compiling application in Windows Xp machine for building .msi file. But it is behaving very strange. With production GUID it is not entering to try block, going to catch block.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#include "stdafx.h"
#include "Form1.h"
#include "adpcppf.h"

//using namespace com::intel::adp;
com::intel::adp::Application * myApplication = NULL;
//const com::intel::adp::ApplicationId myApplicationId = ADP_DEBUG_APPLICATIONID;
const ADP_APPLICATIONID myApplicationId={{0x24345106,0xA4244A01,0xA73023B5,0xC82D38C1}};
using namespace atds_form_test;

[STAThreadAttribute]
int main(array ^args)
{
// Enabling Windows XP visual effects before any controls are created
System::Windows::Forms::Application::EnableVisualStyles();
System::Windows::Forms::Application::SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(false);

try {
myApplication = new com::intel::adp::Application( myApplicationId );
System::Windows::Forms::Application::Run(gcnew Form1());
}
catch (AdpException& e)
{
MessageBox::Show("Could not connect to ATDS. Did you run 'Start ATDS'?");
}

// Create the main window and run it

return 0;
}
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I use debug_id it is running perfectly fine. Is there any thing wrong in the above code? Why this code is not working with production id? Need urgent help on this.

@V Suhaasinii to test your app on your PC before submission use Debug ID, real GUID could not be authorized by IADP software debugger .

#if DEBUG
const com::intel::adp::ApplicationId myApplicationId = ADP_DEBUG_APPLICATIONID;
#else
const ADP_APPLICATIONID myApplicationId={{0x24345106,0xA4244A01,0xA73023B5,0xC82D38C1}};
#endif

Thanks dmitry-rizshkov. I tried that. But after installing the .msi in windows xp system, it is still going to catch block.

catch (AdpException& e)
{
MessageBox::Show("Could not connect to ATDS. Did you run 'Start ATDS'?");
}

Can you please quickly help on this?

Thanks dmitry for your quick reply. It's working for me from appup client.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today