Flash CS5 for AIR?

Flash CS5 for AIR?

Hi there, I notice that the validation guideline documentation for AIR-based apps states: "AIR app must be built using Flex Builder 3 with Flex SDK 3.5a. Currently Flex Builder 4 with Flex SDK 4 is not supported." But does this mean "if you're using Flex these are the guidelines" or does it additionally mean "you have to use Flex"? Probably wishful thinking on my part, but I'm wondering: can I instead submit AIR 2.0 apps that I've compiled with Flash CS5? thanks much!
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Cloptrabbletallynax,

Thank you for your query.

As far as I know, developers will have to use Flex Builder 3 with Flex SDK 3.5a and using at least the AIR 1.5.3 runtime. Using any other runtime or environment may not be supported. However I cannot guarantee this for the moment. I will check with the concerned team to get more clarification.

I will get back to you once I get a response.

Regards
Rooven

Intel Technical Support
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Regards,
DG Rooven

Hi Cloptrabbletallynax,

I just check with the concerned team and I was told that currently we only support apps built using Flex Builder 3 with Flex SDK 3.5a. No other build environments are supported yet.

Regards
Rooven

Intel Technical Support
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Regards,
DG Rooven

Thank you for the update Rooven, I was curious about this as well.

Yeah, thanks Rooven! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Flash CS5 will be supported soon.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today