When to use ADTS/SDK?

When to use ADTS/SDK?

Hi, I've now finished coding an application in C# (WPF). What is the next step I should take in order to be able to submit for validation? I've read the guidelines and (I hope!) I've stuck to them. I haven't created an installer just yet (and will follow the Repackaging guidelines for that), but at what point do I use the Atom SDK / ADTS emulator? Up to now, I've created everything with Blend and Visual Studio and have not used the emulator or any of the SDKs. I'm guessing I'm missing something here :). What should I be looking to do with the ADTS from a .NET project? Thanks for any help
7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi KeyBoardp,

Hi KeyBoardP

Once your application is ready you need to Integrate with the ATOm SDK.
You can download the .NET wrapper from the below location

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/dot-net-wrapper

You can download the .NET wrapper, sample code is also provided
Add the Adpservice.dll as reference to your project and call the API functions
Call Initialize() (Check for the return code of ReturnCode.ADP_SUCCESS)
Call IsAuthorized( AdpService.DebugApplicationId );(Check for the return code of ReturnCode.ADP_AUTHORIZED)
Call Close()

For debugging purposes Install the Latest ATOm SDK. Go to C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Atom Developer Program SDK\bin
Run the ATDS.bat file and debug your application.

While submitting it for store change the DebugApplicationid to production GUID you get from the IADP.
Change the ADP GUID to .NET GUID and pass it as parameter to IsAuthorized.

Please do not forget to call the ADP Close() method before exiting.

Please let me know if you need furhter calrifications

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for the help, much appreciated. Do I just call those methods once, when the application is first run? And then handle the Application_Closing event and call the ADP Close method?

If the application is authorized by the emulator, can I consider it ready to be submitted for validation (making sure the app sticks the guideline rules)?

Thanks again for the help.

keyboardP,

The authorization methods only need to be called at the startup and exit of your application.

If your application is authorized by the emulator (ATDS) using the Debug GUID, then the next step is to evaluate it against the Validation Guidelines:

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/validation-guidelines

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Hi Brian,

The emulator seems to have authorized the application without any problems. The validation guideline says that the application shouldn't run if it's not authorized. Should I display any error messages regarding authorization, or simply close the application before it has the chance to launch? The majority of the guidelines are all met, but my next step will be to package the application as per your great post here. Finally, beta testing it and then submitting?

Thanks for the help.

keyboardP,

That is a step in the right direction.

Now, if you replace the Debug GUID with your assigned GUID it will fail when ran against ATDS. You should display a friendly dialogue box informing the user that the application has not been authorized for use on their computer. You will then want to close the application. It would not hurt to recommend that they visit AppUp to purchase an authorized copy.

Think I've got an idea of how the AppUp store system works now. There are good blog posts around for the next few stages, so time to work on those.

Thanks again for all the help, Praveen and Brian.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today