Subscription model

Subscription model

Hi, Let us consider an application like a spy ware detector, the app requires a registration key in its present avatar to get activated. The registration can be built into the application. As far as I know this will not be permitted. Correct me if my understanding is wrong. Given this limitation, if they avoid the registration requirement, their pricing model is on a annual basis. So how do they tackle this given that there is no support for subscription based apps. Is it ok if the app expires after a year. But this creates a lot of issues to the consumer, dont think this is good idea. Given this back grounder, is there a model such an app can be sold through the store in its present avatar. Its totally understood that the AppUp in the future will support all such needs, the question here is what innovative methods can be adopted by such developers to seel their software now. Cheers! Rohan
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Rohan,

I believe it was discussed at one point that a subscription based model may be coming to AppUp. This would be reinforced by some methods in the SDK keeping track of when the app started and when it ended. Being as we are still in a Beta phase, we will have to anxiously await the next release of the ATOM SDK to see what suggestions they have implemented. Rest assured they are listening :)

Hello,

I'll try to find an answer for this scenario. Thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Hello,

the best answer I can give you for now is from the FAQ:

Do you support in-app advertising and subscriptions?
In-app advertising, subscriptions, and links to external marketplaces for in-app purchases are permitted for a limited time. We understand that these features are important to you and are not yet available in the SDK. Until they become available, you are free to implement them on your own. As we roll these features into the SDK, we will then require that they be implemented through the SDK.

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/frequently-asked-questions

So please be aware that this can change with the next edition of the SDK.

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Thank you for the details Andre. I expect many things to change, even during the production phase of AppUp. This is part of how an innovative application lifecycle operates.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today