Converting Action Script 2.0 to 3.0

Converting Action Script 2.0 to 3.0

Hi, Can any one pls provide me the steps to convert Action script 2.0 to 3.0. ~ Praveen
6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I am trying to position a MovieClip from XML file, in my project i'm using ActionScript 3.0 and i have got a code from the ActionScript 2.0 forum which is working perfectly fine, so i want to convert the below code to ActionScript 3.0

Can somebody help me in converting the below code from ActionScript 2.0 to ActionScript 3.0 ?

myXML = new XML();
myXML.ignoreWhite = true;

var map:Array = new Array();

myXML.onLoad = function() {
aNode = this.firstChild.childNodes;
len = aNode.length;
for (var i=0; i

This is primarily a manual process. I can recommend a few good books that outline some steps to take as you rewrite your actionscript to 3.0 if needed.

There have been several utilities in the past few years that claim to convert from 2.0 to 3.0 for you but by and large they have proved inadequate. Here are a few I had bookmarked in the past:

Please let me know if you run into any specific conversion issues. Best of luck.

As I understand, if you submit your app as open source, you won't need to convert your old AS 2 to AS 3? Using Flash 5 and higher you can just export to exe.

@ Brain, Thanks for sharing the link. I will get back to you if we need any support.

@ yosun, We dont want to list under opensource and we would be listing in paid category.

You are quite welcome, always good to see developers pushing the envelope with newly supported programming languages.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today