AppUp availability

AppUp availability

Hi guys, In the Q & A section I came accross this : . Currently the Intel Atom Developer Program is worldwide—developers can submit free apps from all countries and developers from 47 countries can submit paid apps. The applications in the Intel AppUp Center beta for Windows and Moblin v2.1 storefront are currently available to consumers in the United States and Canada. Starting March 31, 2010 these apps will also become available in 27 European countries providing developers the opportunity to distribute and sell applications in one of the largest market for netbooks in the world. I cannot find a list of the 27 European countries anywhere. Also I have a few ISV's asking if the store is available in Russia. From the above I assume not but the AppUp store has evolved considerably since 31 of March so I feel it's best to ask for clarification. Cheers in advance guys. Allan
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

This is a copy/paste from the FAQ (

Can I submit paid application from anywhere in the world?
No. Due to tax and legal reasons we cannot pay developers in all countries. We are working to expand this list in the future. The following countries are where we can pay developers: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador. Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, People's Republic of China, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, US, Venezuela. Vietnam.

* I count 60 countries in total.

It looks like Russia is a yes.

Cheers for the info,

I think i may have worded my question wrong. Im not asking from which countries can i submit an app, Im asking from which countries can i access the store and download the app. It is not clear from the above if you can do both in all of the listed countries.

e.g. I submit "hog racers" to the store. I live in Barcelona. My friend Serge wants to download "hog racers". Serge lives in Moscow, can he access the store and download my game?

Any help appreciated

Yes, all AppUp client users would be able to see the application regardless of location (If the app is configured as such). Application availability is set when you submit your application, there is a check box to automatically make it available in new countries as they are made available..

They are however filtered by operating system. If you submit an app and list it as Windows 7 only, users running Windows XP will not see it available in the AppUp client. I hope that answers yours question properly, please let me know if more clarification is needed.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today