Application not appearing in AppUp

Application not appearing in AppUp

My application has been validated, i have receive an email telling me "Little Fingers 1.0.1 has successfully met validation criteria and is ready to be published on 28 Sep 2010". I'm trying to find my app in the AppUp but with no success. It's not appears in the new releases, and i can't locate it using search...
17 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for notifying us about this.
I could not find the app either. I will escalate this to the backend team for investigation.

Regards
Rooven

Intel Technical Support
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Regards,
DG Rooven

And now it appears in the AppUp, thank you!

Regards,
Dmitry

I'm not sure if there's a better place for me to post this, but I'm in the same boat.
In my case:
"We are pleased to inform you that BrainPOP Featured Movie 1.0 has successfully
met validation criteria and is ready to be published on 01 Oct 2010"

But it's not in the store (as far as I can tell). Could this be investigated too please?

Thanks very much,
vin

Hi Vin.

BrainPOP Featured Movie is now available on the store.
Please can you check again and let us know. (PS: I have checked on Windows XP).

Regards
Rooven

Intel AppUp(SM) Center
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Center
Intel Technical Support

Regards,
DG Rooven

Thanks Rooven! It is indeed in the store now.

There are just a couple of small snags:

1. The app is listed with the wrong category: "Entertainment" when it should be under "Education" (and secondarily under "Home and Family")

2. The app only shows up when I search for it (i.e. can't be found under any category listings)

Thanks again for your help,
Vin

Hello Vin,

I will check on question #1.

Your question #2 has been answered here: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/1972

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

New versions of existing applications is no longer displayed in the New Releases section?

Thanks,
Dmitry

Hi Dmitry,

I will check this and get back to you.
In the meantime, do you have any specific application that you submitted recently and not appearing in the New Release section? If so, please can you gave us the application name.

Regards
Rooven

Intel AppUp(SM) Center
Intel Technical Support

Regards,
DG Rooven

Yes, this is the "Artist" application. It has been validated by 10-07-2010 but now app is not displayed in the New Releases section.

I think this could be a reson, take a look to the date in the message from community admin:

"Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that Artist 1.0.1 has successfully
met validation criteria and is ready to be published on 29 Jul 2010"

I have received this message 10-07-2010. In the AppUp application also has an old date: "Released 7/29/2010"

Hi Dmitry,

I have verified this with the back-end team. Actually updates to existing apps (no change in app GUID) won't show in New Releases. For them to show up in the New Releases it would need a new GUID. For example simply updating from version 1.0 to 1.1 does not move it to New Releases.

Regards
Rooven

Intel AppUp(SM) Center
Intel Technical Support

Regards,
DG Rooven

Ok, i see, thank you for your detailed answer.

Dmitry

Thanks Hal (and apologies Dmitry for butting in on your thread).

My app is now appearing in the store and now that it has a rating it can be found without searching, so that's great.

There's still the unresolved issue of it being in the wrong category, but thank you for looking into it.

I've just noticed another issue, and I'm hoping you could give this your attention too. All the images (screenshots, logos, etc.) show up fine in the store, but on this page there are just dead links:
http://www.appup.com/applications/applications-BrainPOP%20Featured%20Movie

And in the search results too:
http://www.appup.com/applications/find?keyword=brainpop

Any idea what might be causing that?

Thanks again!
Vin

Hi Vin,

BrainPOP Featured Movie 1.0 is now assigned to Education category. We are checking on the image issue on appup.com

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

I have this same issue with "karaoke studio" application.

Hello,

Could you also specify exactly what is the issue you are having? In this thread there are two issues reported; 1st one is a published app not appearing on AppUp and 2nd one is the app not appearing in the correct category. Can you tell us which one is the issue you are seeing?

PS: I have also checked the status of the app 'karaoke studio' and I can see that this app is for Meego. Currently the Meego version of AppUp(SM) Center is not available.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.

Regards
Rooven

Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Regards,
DG Rooven

Thank you for your help. I am sorry because I do not know "Currently the Meego version of AppUp(SM) Center is not available."

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today