"Newest" Apps on AppUp dot com

"Newest" Apps on AppUp dot com

It seems strange to me that if you sort Applications on http://www.appup.com/applications/index by "Newest" it actually puts the "oldest" apps first... This means you have to scroll through 43 pages (currently) of games to get to the latest releases! Took me a while to realise that was why my games weren't showing. This will leave people thinking there are never any new games on AppUp which is severely detrimental to Sales$$.
8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi baxslash,

Thank you for reporting this to us.
I will escalate this to engineering for investigation.

Regards
Rooven

Intel AppUp(SM) Center
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program

Regards,
DG Rooven

No problem.

Hi baxslash,

I am investigating this issue with the back-end team. Please could you give us your affected application(s) name and the date it was published?
Also could you tell us how did you notice this issue while the published date is not advertised on appup.com? If you have several applications that you have published but they don't appear in the right order when sorting by newest, could you give us these application names?

Please note that I have already escalated the issue to the engineering team and they are investigating the possible cause. The information you provide will also help in the investigation.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Regards
Rooven

Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Regards,
DG Rooven

Hi Rooven,

The applications I have posted are:
"Search-Lite" (passed validation 27th October) Does not appear in newest search
"Soma" (passed 2nd November) Does not appear in newest search
"The Last Stand" (passed 3rd November) appears on page 37
"LeapFrog" (passed 3rd November) appears on page 37
"Search-Lite Demo" (passed validation 12th November) appears on page 34

These are appearing in the right order but not compared to other pre-existing games. I only noticed this because the first game in any "Newest" game search has been "The Search for Wondla" for as long as I've been developing for AppUp...

In contrast there are games such as "Ancient frog" which have been arround much longer and are on much earlier pager (AF is on about page 14)

I hope this helps and gets sorted out soon as mine and many other peoples apps are missing out on much needed early exposure!

Just to re-iterate that this issue is on the AppUp Center site here: http://www.appup.com/applications/index

Cheers,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for providing the required information.
I will add this to the escalation as this will help in their investigation.

Regards
Rooven

Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Regards,
DG Rooven

Hi Steve,

We believe these issues are resolved. I can find Soma and Search-lite now.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Yes this does appear to be fixed. New games appear newest first (of my own games anyway). Thanks Hal.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today