Blue screen on 2 displays on HD520.

Blue screen on 2 displays on HD520.

System Setup Information:
-----------------------------------------

System Used: (Manufacturer/Model): Clevo n240ju(Qemu i440fx)
CPU SKU: (i3, i5, Pentium, Celeron, etc.): Skylake I7-6500U
GPU SKU: (HD4400, HD5100, etc.): HD520
Processor Line: (Y-Series, U-Series, etc.): I7-6500U
System BIOS Version: 5.11(American Megatrends Inc.)
CMOS settings: N/A
Graphics Driver Version: 154519.4678
GOP/VBIOS Version: N/A
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 8.1
API: N/A
Occurs on non-Intel GPUs?: Not tried.

Steps to Reproduce:
-------------------------------
1. Create a vm qxl capable with qemu and install qxl drivers from https://www.spice-space.org/download/windows/qxl-wddm-dod/qxl-wddm-dod-0...
2. Create a mediated device with i915-GVTg_V5_4 configuration.
3. Add it as a secondary vga adapter without adding a new display(-vga qxl -device vfio-pci,sysfsdev=...)
4. Install intel graphic driver.
5. shutdown the machine.
6. Switch the -vga flag to -device to generate 2 displays instead of one.

Expected Results: Boot the vm with 2 displays, load the driver and reach the w8.1 login page.

Actual Results: Both screens shows a plain dark blue background with no other rendering, no BSOD.

Additional Information:

Mediated device creation:

uuid=$(uuidgen)

[ ! -d "/sys/class/mdev_bus/0000:00:02.0/$uuid" ] && echo $uuid >> /sys/class/mdev_bus/0000:00:02.0/mdev_supported_types/i915-GVTg_V5_4/create

qemu example one display 2 vgas:

sudo qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -cpu host -smp 2,cores=1,threads=2 \
        -m 8G -mem-path /mnt/hugepages -vga qxl -spice port=5900,disable-ticketing \
        -device vfio-pci,sysfsdev=/sys/class/mdev_bus/0000:00:02.0/$uuid,bus=pci.0,addr=06.0,rombar=0 \
        -netdev user,id=user.0,smb=/home/pekkari/share -device e1000,netdev=user.0 \
        -device ich9-usb-uhci3,id=uhci -device usb-ehci,id=ehci -device nec-usb-xhci,id=xhci \
        -device virtio-serial -device usb-tablet -device ich9-intel-hda -device hda-duplex \
        -object input-linux,id=kbd,evdev=/dev/input/by-path/platform-i8042-serio-0-event-kbd \
        -chardev socket,path=/tmp/virtio-serial.sock,server,nowait,id=serial-log \
        -device virtserialport,chardev=serial-log,name=ant.port.0 \
        -cdrom /home/pekkari/machines/win8/virtio-win-0.1.141.iso \
        -drive file=win8.img,format=raw,cache=none,aio=native,if=virtio

Qemu example 2 vgas 2 displays:

sudo qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -cpu host -smp 2,cores=1,threads=2 \
        -m 8G -mem-path /mnt/hugepages -device qxl -spice port=5900,disable-ticketing \
        -device vfio-pci,sysfsdev=/sys/class/mdev_bus/0000:00:02.0/$uuid,bus=pci.0,addr=06.0,rombar=0 \
        -netdev user,id=user.0,smb=/home/pekkari/share -device e1000,netdev=user.0 \
        -device ich9-usb-uhci3,id=uhci -device usb-ehci,id=ehci -device nec-usb-xhci,id=xhci \
        -device virtio-serial -device usb-tablet -device ich9-intel-hda -device hda-duplex \
        -object input-linux,id=kbd,evdev=/dev/input/by-path/platform-i8042-serio-0-event-kbd \
        -chardev socket,path=/tmp/virtio-serial.sock,server,nowait,id=serial-log \
        -device virtserialport,chardev=serial-log,name=ant.port.0 \
        -cdrom /home/pekkari/machines/win8/virtio-win-0.1.141.iso \
        -drive file=win8.img,format=raw,cache=none,aio=native,if=virtio

All virtio drivers are installed. Qemu version is 2.10.0. kernel is linux 4.12.14 from git sources.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I attach a picture of the result in case the description is not fully clear.

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/png intel-gfx-bug.png69.19 KB

Here is a picture of the configuration prior to the switch that shows the intel device is shown and

working beside the qxl device.

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/png intel-gfx-bug-2.png205.16 KB

It turns out that the igd is tied to a non pnp display that spice is not showing up, introducing

the password of my user logins to the vm, however, the desktop doesn't render the shortcuts

and no matter how much I press windows key, the metro interface won't show up. Mouse coursor

either, so I just get the screen in the picture but nothing so far usable. Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks!

José.

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/png intel-gfx-bug-3.png49.31 KB

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today