Character not staying on the ground

Character not staying on the ground

Hi I am currently having issue with keeping my character on the ground. When he spawns it is fine but the minute I move him he just keeps sliding and/or floats up into the air. I have an up axis of Y and I have used the caracter example from the demi but it still doesn't seem to be working. I have been banging my head against the wall for a day now and wondered if someone could take a look and see if they can see any obvious issues.Code: - Set up for HavokCharacterController_Physics.h/cpp - Character controller physicsThanks

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Check the consistency of your up axis, ground plane and character gravity vector.

Hi CormacThanks for the speedy reply. I have made them statics nw but I am still getting the same issue. When I am running the update the volicity always seems to be 20 on the z axis even if i change the up and gravity vectors around. Do you have any ideas why this would happen?ThanksLiam

Best Reply

Hey Liam,

So the character up axis and ground plane normal are both along the Y-axis, and the gravity (and character gravity - character stores its own gravity vector, independent from the physics world) is along the negative Y-axis, is that right?

But the velocity is always along the Z-axis?

We had a similar-sounding problem a while ago:

Is the character supported? Is it in the OnGround state?

Hi CormacThanks so much the same issue as that post had set m_atLadder and m_wantJump to false and it started moving as expected :)Thanks for your help your support have been really helpful over the last few daysLiam

Hey, so it works?
Glad to help! :)

Yeah perfctly :)Cheers

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today