CharacterRagdoll failed to initialize

CharacterRagdoll failed to initialize

Hi again there,

In trying to create a character ragdoll using the utility "RagdollDemoCharacter"

when i call the constructor

"RagdollCharacterFactory* m_factory = new RagdollCharacterFactory( RagdollCharacterFactory::CHARACTER_TYPE_HAVOK_GIRL );"

shows an errorpointing to"const hkaSkeleton* ragdollSkeleton = set->m_ragdollInstance->getSkeleton();"

what is worng ???

can somebody help me please...

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hey michaelguerra,

What kind of error are you getting? Are you seeing any asserts (specifically while trying to load the ragdoll)? It looks like there likely a problem in loading the asset, or perhaps necessary class files aren't registered to specify how to correctly deserialize the file.

Developer Support Engineer

Hey Chris,

Thanks for answer,the error is a assert when calls the function,
I would know how use this util to implement, and create a characterRagdoll
I have looking the GDC 2005 Demo,
And I want to implement it to my project, but how to set a better collision detection
because the character in gdc2005demo across walls when it walk... ?
thanks for your attention......

If you could give more info on the assert (ie: from the output window of the debugger), I can probably isolate this a bit more. Is it a system assert (ie: null pointer, invalid memory, etc.), or a Havok assert? Were there any Havok warnings printed beforehand? Also, please ensure you are linking against Havok debug libraries so that warnings/asserts are enabled.

Regarding the character being able to walk across walls, you can probably tune this behavior to your liking by specifying a lower value for hkpCharacterPRoxyCinfo::m_maxSlope. The docs have some good info on the various tweakable properties on character controllers to setup the behavior you're looking for.

Developer Support Engineer

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today