Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2013 Not Recognized

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2013 Not Recognized

I downloaded and started to install the INDE, Update 1 Starter Edition, but received the following message:

"Installation of Intel® INDE 2015 Update 1 will continue, but integration with Microsoft Visual Studio* will not be available because the required version of Microsoft Visual Studio* was not found on your system. "

I exited the installation and installed Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2013 which was listed in the system requirements. But I get the same error message.  Stuck!

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello, Are you sure it is not MSVS 2015 CTP that you installed?

I am checking with our installer team anyway, please hold on till I get back. Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response.  I have attached a picture of the Visual Studio Community 2013 that I downloaded.  Later, I saw something about 32-bit Java being required?  And, is there an Intel C++ component required, or just the included Microsoft C++?

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/jpeg VisualStudioCommunity2013.JPG81.77 KB

Hi, Sorry for the delay. Yes, you do need 32 bit JDK installed on your machine. And Microsoft C++ component is just sufficient. There is not Intel C++ component as such but INDE comes with an Intel C++ compiler that helps you improve the performance for your native C++ applications. If you choose to install the Intel C++ compiler through INDE, the compiler will be integrated into MS Visual Studio so that you can choose which compiler to compile your Visual C++ application. 

Hope that clarifies your questions. If not, let me know.

KARTHIYAYINI C. (Intel) ,,

Thanks again.  The installation appears to have run normally after uninstalling the Express versions of Visual Studio.    There was one screen about Android development IDE integration with three grayed out selections.  I assume that's not available for the Starter version, but, in any case, I have no need for it.              

Thanks for the Update, Mr/Ms.Curious. 

IDE Integration is a free feature that comes with all the editions of INDE. If you are just developing for Windows, then you don't need them.

KARTHIYAYINI C. (Intel) ,

Just to be clear, before getting to the "Android IDE development screen", I would get the message, "Installation of Intel® INDE 2015 Update 1 will continue, but integration with Microsoft Visual Studio* will not be available because the required version of Microsoft Visual Studio* was not found on your system. "

After installing Visual Studio Community 2013, I still got the message.  The problem appears to have occurred because I didn't remove previous editions of Visual Studio Express.  After removing those, the message was gone and the installation proceeded to completion, integrating Visual Studio as the final step, even though I was unable to select an IDE on the "Android IDE development screen".

I want to use intel opencl sdk for developing c++ applications in windows. I installed the INDE setup file. I got the error "nstallation of Intel® INDE 2015 Update 2 will continue, but integration with Microsoft Visual Studio* will not be available because the required version of Microsoft Visual Studio* was not found on your system. " similar to the one discussed in the above posts. (Error message attached as the first file). I followed the suggestion above to uninstall previous version of VS (2010) and installed express edition of VS 2013. I still have the error. Not sure if the previous VS 2010 got uninstalled completely as there was an error after uninstalling VS 2010 and so finally I deleted the folder of VS 2010. Can we some how make INDE installation point to the latest VS 2013 that I installed ?

Moreover, do I need this integration feature (first file attached) for C++ development ? (I am not interested in Android development). Is it just fine to use the intel include files and opencl.lib file for compiling and building the code? 

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/jpeg error.jpg108.19 KB

I found that the VS express editions do not accept plugin installations. 

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/onecode/archive/2014/11/12/differences-between-v...

I also found that VS 2015 community edition does not work either. It would be great if intel mentions the supported version of VS explicitly in the opencl sdk download web pages. It can save a lot of time for beginners like me.

Hello Deepak,

Yes you are right. VS Express does not accept IDE integrations. 

Also, we are not integrating into Visual Studio 2015 anymore as Visual Studio 2015 now has the capabilities (like native Android development, Android debugging amongst others) that were missing in previous versions of Visual Studio. It just didn't make to duplicate the features.

This was stated on the IDE integration page: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-inde-ide-integration

Finally, you can still make use of all the power features of Intel INDE (like OpenCL, OpenCV, Media SDK and others) in Visual Studio 2015. You do not need an IDE integration to make use of these features.

Best regards,

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today