IntelOpenCL.targets, File not found error on reopening Solution.

IntelOpenCL.targets, File not found error on reopening Solution.

I have spent about a substantial amount of time just trying to successfully install INDE Starter Edition. Too much time, and every time I take a step, another error happens!

I was finally able to get it "installed", and when I did, I went straight away to start writing the software that I want. Well, a time came when I had to save my work and shut everything down, as happens most nights, except when I came back to my project, I can't open the solution, it just blew up on me.

I get these errors in Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition:

C:\Users\Todd\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\OpenGenetics\OpenGenetics\OpenGenetics.vcxproj : error  : Unable to read the project file "OpenGenetics.vcxproj".
C:\Users\Todd\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\OpenGenetics\OpenGenetics\OpenGenetics.vcxproj(196,5): The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\BuildCustomizations\IntelOpenCL.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

C:\Users\Todd\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\OpenGenetics\OpenGenetics\OpenGenetics.vcxproj : error  : Unable to read the project file "OpenGenetics.vcxproj".
C:\Users\Todd\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\OpenGenetics\OpenGenetics\OpenGenetics.vcxproj(196,5): The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\BuildCustomizations\IntelOpenCL.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

Any help would be awesome, I do appreciate it, despite the frustration. Thanks in advance.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I recreated the error by starting a new project, and then adding targets for x64 and ARM.

I thought I should be able to compile my host program for the target CPU, but I guess it is not supported.

I guess the only way to recover from this is to edit the solution file, and vcxproj file by hand and remove the generated tags and entries about the x64 and ARM. I tried doing this already, but failed this first time around, xml isn't all too human readable.

I think I'll just start a new project and copy my files into that and delete the old solution, too much b.s. to edit the project file by hand.

I suppose I'll just ask this question then; Is it possible to target x64 or ARM CPUs, and if so, how can I do so properly so the Intel INDE integration with MSVS doesn't blow-up on me?

Edit: The solution will fail to reopen even if I only add a target for x64 platform. There is a C:\Intel\INDE\lib\x64\OpenCL.lib; Is it possible to target x64 Windows?

There is also:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\OpenCL>ls bin\x64
Intelocl64.dll        clbltfne9.rtl          clbltfnl9_img_cbk.o
OclCpuBackEnd64.dll   clbltfne9_img_cbk.o    clbltfnl9_img_cbk.rtl
__ocl_svml_e9.dll     clbltfne9_img_cbk.rtl  common_clang64.dll
__ocl_svml_h8.dll     clbltfnh8.rtl          cpu_device64.dll
__ocl_svml_l9.dll     clbltfnh8_img_cbk.o    task_executor64.dll
cl.cfg                clbltfnh8_img_cbk.rtl  tbb
clang_compiler64.dll  clbltfnl9.rtl

Which really makes me think that I should be able to build for x64. Stuff like this is why I like Linux, everything is so damn simple in that world. Its like no one wants to let you see how they make your sandwich on Windows. Your documentation is a mess, and MSVS doesn't help at all, its a nightmare to work with and its like a secret on how to configure the darn thing. I have spent hours upon hours, just trying to get to the point where I can write some freakin code, and run a simple test, and still, it doesn't work!

Hi Todd,

Sorry about that. Our OpenCL expert will get back to you shortly.

Thanks!

Hi Todd,

Please check the platform toolset after switching to x64 (for example).

In order to check the platform toolset, rightclick on your project and choose properties.

In the property pages goto: Configuration Proprties -> General.

Since you're working in VS2013, your platform toolset should be v120.

Best Regards,

Oded

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today