I'm trying to install INDE Professional edition on Windows 7 64 bit and have the following problems.
- It does not recognize the 64 bit JDK I have installed.
- JAVA_HOME is set to D:\JDK64
- $JAVA_HOME\bin is on the system path
- I have also tried setting JAVA_HOME to d:\JDK64\JRE and again added $JAVA_HOME\bin to the environment
- Visual Studio 2015 Community is installed and the environment as set by the vcvarsall.bat in the $VisualStudio\VC is in effect.
- I expect that there will also be a problem once the visual studio plugin is willing to install as then you will want the java environment setup for both a 64 bit and a 32 bit SDK. So, preemptively, how would I deal with this?
I set the environment for Java and Visual Studio in a cmd shell and then invoked the installer. The reason is I switch between different JDKs and versions of visual studio during my development.
Are you looking in the registry for anything related to VS2015 or the JRE?