Here're some notes of trying to get the 07-GameThreadingMethodologyPS Courseware running from Parallel Training version 3.0 under Windows 7, 64-bit OS.
1. The provided DestroyTheCastleWin folder crash on update Castle Simulation. I had a previous version of DTC on a folder named CastleQueueUserWorkItemExercise which is the same name as the one pointed out on the lab workout. It crashed on getting frame for a pMesh of the blocks for the Castle.
2. Make sure that on ParallelDemo solution you point to the correct DirectX SDK for include and libs files.
3. If running on 64-bit OS make sure to include Program Files (x86) on the paths as wells.
4. Swap lib name from dxerr9.lib to dxerr.lib on additional libs.
5. You will need to define DirectX 8 version to build the solution inside dxstdafx.h under Main->Common.
#define DIRECTSOUND_VERSION 0x8001
// DirectSound includes
6. The application will complain if you do not have MSVC711.dll present on your PC. You can copy it under Windows\\SysWOW64 for the application to use.
We should probably update this courseware with fixes. If needed I can provide.
Professor Jose Villeta
USC GamePipe Labs