How can I reduce the time taken to solve infinite integrals?

How can I reduce the time taken to solve infinite integrals?

Hi everyone,

Am a Theoretical Physicist and at MSc level.I have done some finite and infinite integrals but each iteration took well over 30 minutes (although on a P3 computer).I guess even a latest computer will still take some time as well.

Pls help with use info.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi woleakande,

recent computers have CPUs with several cores. For example Intel Core i7 CPU hasup to 8logical cores on it. In order to take advantage of all these cores and considerably speedup your computation you need todistribute your computation over the cores. For example, if you are computing integral of a function on a given interval numerically, you can split the integral into 8 regions and compute partial integrals for each of the regions on a separate core in parallel. Through parallisationyou willobserve a cosiderable performance boost on latest computers. Modern programming languages have defferent means to express parallelism (OpenMP, Cilk++, Threads, etc).

Thanks so much for your care but how can i still reduce the speed without all these parallelism.

This is bcos i dont know it for now.

Hello everybody, these days there are many high end computers. But you did your integrals in a P3 computer. So far I think the time took long for the CPU clock speed. You can use a multucore CPU which has multi CPU with Multicore. And that will help you to reduce the time taken. Because it has huge CPU clock speed. Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today