Archived webcast here http://tinyurl.com/PractArch
Discussion topics included what topics could we present to most effectively build your curriculum?
Answers included -
- Parallel concepts and principles for no earlier than 2nd semester intro
- OpenMP Memory/Cache management Compiler Design
- lab candidate applications
- Introductionary material -1st semester
- I think there is a problem on the introductionary level. The material seems to be targeted at an audience that already is fluent in C/C++ programming; neither is a good language for beginners; I'm missing something usable at the end of 1st semester; a lab using either VBA, or Python/Ruby... + tools like VTune to give a first intro to parallelism as soon as possible
- More a comment - architecture topic very important and relevant to programming language develop course now
- How about allocating some time to Message Passing Interfaces simply to distinguish shared memory processing?
- I feel like it will be an amazing course! Thanks!
How many of the following CS Courses have you taught in the lat 5 years?
1. CS Entry level - 50%
2. C/C++ - 80%
3. Data Strictures/Algorithms - 60%
4. Compiler Construction -50%
5. Computer Arch - 60%
By which Point should material from this webinar be introduced?
1. First Year - 14.3%
2. Second Year - 50%
3. Third Year - 28.6%
4. Fourth Year - 0%
5. Graduate Level - 7.1%