- Do you think that students should learn this as a math topic? More like operations management for supply chain, but with task for solving math problems?
- just a clarification.. mattson says that geometric decomposition refers to arrays or other linear data structures.. recursive data decomposition refers to lists, graphs and trees..
- Recovery and restart might also be an important aspect of parallel design. Important when in DB application retry-points are hit due to DB locking or e.g. network issues etc.
- What about false sharing issue. does it affect the decision about the structure to be used or parallel vs serial ?
- don't u think parallel design may just trigger a new "computer model" paradigm (vs von Neuman machine)not just work on algorithms?
- How do we get access to the supporting materials?
- Can you include a variety of terms with definitions I can use to construct quiz question to test the students understanding?
Breshears 5-15 webinar "Parallel Design Patterns" Q3 - General Questions and Comments
Thu, 05/22/2008 - 12:03